T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is likely a stupid question... but does anyone make a printable transfer compatible with ECO SOL inks (versacamm) that can be printed (mirrored) and then just weeded and heat applied without doing the masking (Lifting) portion of the process?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you printed mirror image you would be on the right side of the transfer. Similar to something like Siser EasyWeed. All you have to do is cut in mirror image and then apply, you don't have to mask the image off and then apply. I see Siser has Crystal which is a clear transfer you can do this with and no masking is required but it is only for lights and whites. So was wondering if any vendor had gotten it so you could print/cut in mirror image onto a vinyl or pu and then just weed and apply similar to the a pre-colored vinyl like easy weed.

· Registered
1,710 Posts
You can't do it for dark, because the printable material is white and if you printed it and flipped it over all you would see is the white. Now you "may" be able to use a clear that is made for whites/lights and print with a white under base but I have been told that doesn't work very well, but my printer doesn't print white so I can't tell you from first hand experience.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't do it for dark, because the printable material is white and if you printed it and flipped it over all you would see is the white. Now you "may" be able to use a clear that is made for whites/lights and print with a white under base but I have been told that doesn't work very well, but my printer doesn't print white so I can't tell you from first hand experience.

Ok, that explains and give me something to try. We can print white ink with our VS420, so may gave it a shot on clear. thx

· Registered
199 Posts
If you printed mirror image you would be on the right side of the transfer. Similar to something like Siser EasyWeed. All you have to do is cut in mirror image and then apply, you don't have to mask the image off and then apply. I see Siser has Crystal which is a clear transfer you can do this with and no masking is required but it is only for lights and whites. So was wondering if any vendor had gotten it so you could print/cut in mirror image onto a vinyl or pu and then just weed and apply similar to the a pre-colored vinyl like easy weed.
ETA: Opps already posted I see. Should have refreshed the page.

Think about it, the only way this could possibly work is if you can do an overall white over print so when you flipped over the image it would be shirt, white layer and then color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.