T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I got the same problem with the exact same product the Poli Flex 4605, on its website its states that its compatible with Dye-base, Pigment, ECO-Solvent Inks. I have an HP Smart Tank 720 series, and the ink washes off right away after heat pressing. Any other suggestions besides buying another printer? can't really afford it rn :c

· Registered
4,702 Posts
Hi, I got the same problem with the exact same product the Poli Flex 4605, on its website its states that its compatible with Dye-base, Pigment, ECO-Solvent Inks. I have an HP Smart Tank 720 series, and the ink washes off right away after heat pressing. Any other suggestions besides buying another printer? can't really afford it rn :c
wait till the ink is dry (can take a day with dye-inks)

press at 175c for 15 secs (medium pressure, not high) covered with parchment paper
cover with new parchment paper and re-press for 7 seconds

this stuff is thick, so use small designs, or large designs with lots of negative/empty space

even at its very best, it will not last in normal clothes wash
include instructions on your hang-tags (or on a card) to wash inside-out, in warm water and hang to dry

· Registered
4,577 Posts
wait till the ink is dry (can take a day with dye-inks)

press at 175c for 15 secs (medium pressure, not high) covered with parchment paper
cover with new parchment paper and re-press for 7 seconds
Hmm... Does this really work? :unsure:
If yes, I guess drying can be done faster by hovering the press or low heat baking (ie 70°C) for a few minutes.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
Hmm... Does this really work? :unsure:
If yes, I guess drying can be done faster by hovering the press or low heat baking (ie 70°C) for a few minutes.
it will never be great (or even close to sale-able imo), even with pigment inks

nobody is going to launder it the way it has to be (hand-wash separate, inside out, cold water and hang to dry)
to me, they are a fun project for a rainy day with the kids
mom can take the time to make sure they are laundered properly for the wee ones

read the comments here (his final analysis: not worth the time or effort)
don't watch the vid (or part 1 either), it takes 25 minutes for 2 minutes of info
nice guy though

· Registered
4,577 Posts
read the comments here (his final analysis: not worth the time or effort)
don't watch the vid (or part 1 either), it takes 25 minutes for 2 minutes of info
nice guy though
That's very interesting, but what about light fastness. Here is an example.
The example shows the results after 18 months of indoor display, but I've done the same experiment on the dashboard of my car, and the dye print faded to a similar level in 5 days.
This is not a typo... just 5 days.

it will never be great (or even close to sale-able imo), even with pigment inks
I agree, and have said so many times... Not something I would sell.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
That's very interesting, but what about light fastness. Here is an example.
The example shows the results after 18 months of indoor display, but I've done the same experiment on the dashboard of my car, and the dye print faded to a similar level in 5 days.
This is not a typo... just 5 days.

I agree, and have said so many times... Not something I would sell.
that is a good point about sun bleaching and should be factored in
easy enough to wash your test tee multiple times and never let it be worn normally and think it is good to go

people have this innate desire to to press one button to do everything

different methods have different pros and cons
you either pick one and live with its limitations, or you pick 4 and reduce the limitations

21 - 29 of 29 Posts