T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
israel said:
What is the best way to print quality transperencies? Ink? laser?
When i first started I used Inkjet but too many times i had smearing and shrinkage when the ink dried... so i switched to a Laser however didnt get the quality I really needed untill i switched to a paper called "LaserMax" its a polyester paper that is simular in apperance to vellium but its not vellium its polyester.... once i started printing with it I've never changed.... excellent film positives....I Laser print them then spray lightly with Toner Enhancer an let dry under a normal desk lamp.... havent had any smears and no shrinkage...

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
epsons are pretty good. You will need a rip programin order to print halftones. check out the packages here www.screenprinters.net/product_family.php?pid=fastripfamily
I purchased the 1800 as a back up if my imagesetter goes down. I would suggest getting the waterproof ink and films. They cost more but will hold up better than the cheaper versions.

Laser prints work well. I userd to print to a Xante many years back. You will go through quite a bit of toner and its not cheap.
www.xante.com (I believe it is)
Tubelight carries Deltas laser Film. This worked well for us when we printed to the Xante for films.

·
Registered
274 Posts
we have an epson printer also- and we got *special* printer's vellum that's coated to reduce bleeding/smearing/unfun things...

they're long (much longer than 'legal' sized paper) and so far, we've never had any problems. we actually run ours through twice- that's how acurate our model is- which isn't anything too high end.

epson printers have been good to us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts