T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I currently use Dupont inks with a texjet printer and when printing onto coloured garments or dark. My print is sticking together in the wash, when I pull it apart it brings the print up with it. I am washing at 40 degrees.

I pre press a shirt for around 10 seconds at 170 degrees then spray pre treat then press for 30 seconds on a mid to high pressure.

I then print and cure the ink by pressing for a further 2:30 mins on a low pressure.

Does anyone know why this happens I would really appreciate some feedback.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey all,

I currently use Dupont inks with a texjet printer and when printing onto coloured garments or dark. My print is sticking together in the wash, when I pull it apart it brings the print up with it. I am washing at 40 degrees.

I pre press a shirt for around 10 seconds at 170 degrees then spray pre treat then press for 30 seconds on a mid to high pressure.

I then print and cure the ink by pressing for a further 2:30 mins on a low pressure.

Is that 170 Celsius or Fahrenheit ? It should be pre treat cure twice at 20 sec or once at 30 at 335-350 Fahrenheit and then cure shirt twice at 1 minute 30 seconds hover for about 30 seconds first. Well this is how I have had consistent results. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Celsuis. I do once at 30 sec. Does curing the print 2ce help? is 2:30 to short?
Your at temp for sure 170-178 C is good. If your currently having this issue test this method and check results. It's what works in your environment and the type of garments you have good results on. You are limited and always test a new type of garment before you do your run and make notes on what works and does not. And people wonder why the process is not cheap all this takes time and money right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
fatkatz -- can you explain to a newbie to DTG (just got my machine last week) how over pretreating can cause the inks to stick? my simpleton mind goes to too much ink causes the print to stick to itself. what are some other "symptoms" and causes I should be looking out for as I test my pretreat process for different garment types and colors? For example, printed image looks like it has clogged pores where the ink missed sticking to the garment or didn't fill in on the garment, is that insufficient pretreatment? inks wash off -- insufficient/oversufficient pretreat or insufficient/too much curing time either at pt step or print cure step? I know it's like asking how high but generalizations to help me head in the right direction when troubleshooting quality issues with my printing. Oh, it's a neoflex textile printer and i bought the viperone to try and control pretreat as best i can. not steady enough to run a wagner power sprayer and don't want to deal with the sticky mess of overspray. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

there should not be any vapor coming off the shirt when you are drying the pretreatment on the shirts. You need light pressure here not mid to high and heat is way too low. At mid to high you are trapping the moisture in between the fabric and the heat press bottom teflon cover. As soon as you release pressure the moisture is going right back in the shirt. Light pressure and 275 degrees minimum max 300!!! You want to see the vapor coming off the sides of the shirt with the press on it. Increase that time to 1 minute. If you feel any moisture after letting it sit for a minute hit it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

For any sticker printed Tshirt don't use hot water bcoz when the garment is wet and hot the print becomes weak on fabric surface so please wash it in cold water or simply wash it in tub with plain water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts