T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time this has happen to me with Grey shirts. printing white ink.

First time it was a charcoal shirt it stained the shirt a reddish color through the other side of the shirt.

Now with port and company shirt Silver color it happened again today. it also put a pretreatment brownish border stain around the shirt.

I have also had a problem with red shirts printing with white ink but different problem. The black ink laid ontop of the white ink made a charcoal color instead of Black. I had to stop using white ink and told the customer I couldnt use white on the shirt making theyre graphic a basic black

I am using IMAGE ARMOR PRETREATMENT. Any Suggestions ? The The shirts were KEYA and PORT and COMPANY

· Registered
731 Posts
This is an issue with the dyes in the shirt reacting with the pretreatment. There isn't much anything you can do except try a different color or shirt brand. The charcoals are extremely difficult for this issue because of the dyes... we've seen it across a variety of different brands in that color do this.

The only solution I can offer is a different color/brand on the charcoal.

What printer are you using?

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the Anajet sprint. Dupont Ink.

I have never tried the dupont pretreatment yet because when I bought my printer I seen a lot of good postings about Image Armor and alot of horror stories with other brands.

So if I used Dupont Pretreatment would it give same effect with charcoal shirts ?

I have used Keya brand and Port and company and both of them stain through the back of the shirt using charcoal.

I also had a brown pretreatment stain on front of pink shirts also.

I also could not print white ink on red shirt with black going over the white or black would turn grey.

The silver shirt I printed port and company stained through the back while using image armor pretreatment and dupont white ink but did not stain when I did not use any pretreatment and just used dupont cmyk ink.

· Registered
731 Posts
Most charcoal shirts are an issue with any pretreatment from what I have seen.

I have not seen the staining on a pink shirt unless you mix the LIgHT and DAR shirt formulas either by accident or by not cleaning the pretreatment machine or Wagner spray gun between fills. Failure to clean in going from DARK to LIGHT will cause staining/burning due to the dark mixing and getting on the lighter shirt. I've accidentally had some dark formula on the machine after switching and gotten the browning effect on the lighter colors because of the non-clean issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.