T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Just a quick Q for some experienced manual screen printers.

I have a design I need to print; Picture just a large blue square (say, 10" x 6") with light blue text (about 16pt) on it. I'll either be able to leave the text as just blank (shirt color), or I'll have to print the light blue color. It'll depend on the shirts I get ahold of.

I haven't been working with micro-adjustments for very long, so what I'm wondering is, what is the best method to use if I need to print both colors?

IE spread the next under the dark blue a bit, and PFP, or use butt-registration and print wet-on-wet (and would this require periodic screen wipe-downs?), or is there another method I'm not thinking of.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Assuming your printing on light shirts, I would use butt to butt registration. There are always exceptions, but for spot color I generally print the screen with the least amount of ink first. If it is similar, I go light to dark.

Good luck!
Nick

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hi there. Just a quick Q for some experienced manual screen printers.

I have a design I need to print; Picture just a large blue square (say, 10" x 6") with light blue text (about 16pt) on it. I'll either be able to leave the text as just blank (shirt color), or I'll have to print the light blue color. It'll depend on the shirts I get ahold of.

I haven't been working with micro-adjustments for very long, so what I'm wondering is, what is the best method to use if I need to print both colors?

IE spread the next under the dark blue a bit, and PFP, or use butt-registration and print wet-on-wet (and would this require periodic screen wipe-downs?), or is there another method I'm not thinking of.

Thanks for any help!
If you have micro's then you should be able to print wet-on-wet. I just did 200 shirts this weekend with the same basics that you are looking at and I did wet-on-wet and did not have to wipe the screen down at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts