T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good idea to offer links to clients that order printed shirts from your shop?

I see good and bad with this idea.

Good: Clients feel they get an extra service. Clients are more likely to add your link. Client might sale your service "word of mouth"

Bad: You list your clients on site for competitors to fish. More to maintain on site.

What is your feeling about this?

·
Administrator
14,019 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about fishing. Unless your customers are secret businesses that no one else knows about? :) Competitors would have an easier time looking up prospects in the yellow pages than on your site.

Regarding adding customer links, it's a wash in my opinion. For example, if I were a trucking company coming to you for shirts, I wouldn't feel like I was getting extra service. The chances of someone looking for tees on your site would also need trucking services would be non-existent.

Friends and family links just clutter up your site.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Unless the links are accompanied by a testimonial, I don't see a lot of value to it. If your customers are willing to say how great your services are, you could offer them a website link when you list from where the testimonial came. Otherwise I don't see that it really is much of a value for you or your customers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts