T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY All

do we get software updates for print pro from kothari???

how can we get color profiles updates ??

i am having many problems on printing on dark tshirts like white spots , white outlines .... have been trying many settings but in few pics m nt able to get right print. where else my competitor who is using viper is getting it right compared to my m2 machine.

also the wrong color prints on dark tees and if i print same on white it prints right.

i am using dupont inks and pretreatment and it seems fantastic. but only problem is software settings.

my only concern is right profiling and software updates ?

thanks in adv.

Hemen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what version do you have?
my supplier gave me a beta test upgrade which actually made my prints worse! from what i can gather, any kothari upgrade is chargeable, no free upgrades! i was asked for £400 for the upgrade!!! I said...no thanks!

as for your issues. white spots are from too much white on the first pass, turn the setting down to about 85 to 90% and highlight to about 87%

white prints will always be different because you're not using the white 1st pass! sounds like you're using the awful default profiles!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey dave
yes the default profiles were awful.. made my own profile.. now it works like gem... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey dave
yes the default profiles were awful.. made my own profile.. now it works like gem... :)
what settings did you go with?

ive further tested this week and found a little trick which i didnt think of but is so obvious! >>

firstly, i have 2 M2's and one of the RIP's was a newer version. the colour difference between this new rip and the old one was about 20% down!! no punchy colour!

So, ive changed up the white and colour to Heavy at 720 - 2pass, then reduced the underbase to about 85-90% / highlight to about 91% with full colour. the price difference is about 10p (7cents) more compared to White at Medium and colour Medium. im getting good prints :) the Medium setting is a travesty across all Black and Colour settings.

try it out.. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts