T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help please...what are the ways to print on bottle?...the bottle is 4 liter and it's square (has 4 flat sides)...looking to print 1 color permanently (or at least hard to remove)....can it be done with sublimation? or screen print? thank you.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You could also try ez screenprinting.
But you should check with your ink suppliers fot the best type of ink for glass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any ink used for glass - if not fired through a Leer, it will just come off easily.
I have seen some rub ons that worked great but cannot find any info on that

If glass bottle is going to be either washed in a dishwasher or in the microwave, you need to have them printed with special ink and cooked in a Leer (oven)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spent many years printing glassware(15+). The only way for a permanent print is to use a ceramic colour and fire in a lehr. We use thermoplastic ink which needs to reach 580c.Organic two part inks need a lot less heat,usually less than 180c and you can achieve fairly substantial wash and scratch resistance,although no where near the same as a thermoplastic ceramic ink.
Printing bottles and glassware is sometimes best left to the people/ companies with the right equipment.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you so much guys for your replies. all very helpful and made me decide quickly which system i will use.

i think i am going to try pad printing. i currently don't have that system in my arsenal right now so i'll browse around and check out prices on this machine. if you have good recommendation for a pad machine, please, let me know.

leer (oven) is kinda interesting too. i'll surely include that in my research. i also want to know more about this system too.

thanks again.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
thank you so much guys for your replies. all very helpful and made me decide quickly which system i will use.
leer (oven) is kinda interesting too. i'll surely include that in my research. i also want to know more about this system too.
If pad printing you just need to use a regular oven to cure the ink.We print on glass and it goes through the dishwasher and have been using the items that have been washed for a couple of years no problems

Good luck

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
please give me your opinion....
investing on Manual pad machine vs Automatic pad machine....
i found a manual for $350..... can't find an automatic within the range of $1000-$2000 (or maybe not looking enough)...

i'd like to hear your opinion guys. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts