T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought a brand new 1900 without the print head,, the individual bought it for the use of the print head in his DIY epson dtg 1800 I got it real cheap. Now I'm thinking of converting this printer for DIY dtg printer, now I am looking for a print head. I have 2 1800 print heads in stock but they don't fit the 1900.. Does epson still supply these heads??

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I just bought a brand new 1900 without the print head,, the individual bought it for the use of the print head in his DIY epson dtg 1800 I got it real cheap. Now I'm thinking of converting this printer for DIY dtg printer, now I am looking for a print head. I have 2 1800 print heads in stock but they don't fit the 1900.. Does epson still supply these heads??
I have to correct myself on my previous post. Actually an 1800 print head won't fit onto a 1900 because the top black manifold of the print head won't allow the CSIC to clip on properly. What I have done before for a past customer is take a dremel tool and cut the edge off of the manifold to match the one on the 1900. This is how I got the 1800 print head to work on a 1900 printer. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I am not sure I follow,,, do you mean cutting the upper back side to even with the white teflon tape?
Kind of hard to explain with out showing you. If you look at the picture you will see the 1800 manifold is flat on top in the back part of it. On the 1900, where the arrow is located, it goes down about a 1-2 mm. That part where it goes down is the part that allows the CSIC to snap into place in the carriage. What I have done was I compared the two and took a dremel tool and cut out that piece of plastic. Its all plastic so no damage was done. It may be best to physically have both in hand so you know exactly where to cut. If your not comfortable in doing this you can buy a 1900 manifold online and replace it on the 1800. This will allow the 1800 print head to work on a 1900 printer.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.