T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my print head and all my ink lines are drawing ink but after doing at least 20 head cleanings my nozzle check is still not printing clear for all of the colors. Can I close the 4 valves on the colors that are printing ok and only run the print head cleaning with remaining 3 valves open to conserve ink?
Thank you,
Michelle
Pro Image

·
Banned
877 Posts
Which DTG printer do you have?
Is your capping station as well as your wiper blade clean?
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Kiosk, the capping station and wiper blade were clean before I started this process - I will clean them again.
Thank you
Michelle

·
Banned
877 Posts
Are you printing with White ink or dual CMYK?
You can print solid CMYK squares at the highest resolution that you can to attempt to open what ever channel is giving you problems.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
When you replaced your printhead, did you also replace all of your dampers? If not that could be the problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know if it works with the Kiosk, but we have saved a *lot* of ink and a lot of time on our BlazerPro by using Printer Jockey software, which lets you select individual ink channels to print a solid flush pattern. This has proven to be a very effective nozzle-flush method on our Epson print head (4880) and eliminates wasting ink in the channels that work ok. It's not perfect, but it's a lot cheaper than doing a full 'power clean' if the nozzle clogging isn't too severe.

I should caution that Printer Jockey isn't the most intuitive thing to get working on any specific DTG printer, but once you figure it out it's drop-dead easy to use any time you need it. For us, it has paid for itself a couple of times over already.

·
Registered
348 Posts
With a new print head, They sometimes will not fire on all nozzels staight away. Best thing sometimes is to leave it overnight and try again in the morning. I have found this with my kiosks. I change my print heads every 4 months as we run the machines for 10 hours per day and when we change the print heads we also change the capping station. Pump assemble kit, Dampers, encoder srtip, wiper blade and assemble etc. You can turn of the colours that are printing properly and draw ink on the ones are are not. You will have to do a 2 second ink fill once all are on again and another 1-2 head cleads with all on at end as the ones you have turned of will not print a perfect pattern unitl they start a good syphen again. Personally I have found the valves a bit of a problem and have removed all of mine and just have one straight line with a squeeze clip on each line to turn of a colour if need be. The valves have very small holes in them and actually step done the ink flow to some extent so I have removed all ogf mine and have never had a problem. When flushing I just put all the ink lines into a container of warm distilled water and draw from there. I can send you pics of the set up if you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for all the information! I am determined to get this running again, I'm glad to hear it won't damage anything to do print head cleanings with only a few ink lines open. I changed the print head a few months ago and waisted at least 5 bottles of ink trying to get all of the ink lines to work - and then quit! I'm almost there this time - my Kiosk has only been used for one job which came out horrible because I wasn't pressing long enough so I am anxious to get it running again.
Michelle
Pro Image

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should fill cleaning solution in the capping station and let print head soak for an hour. Then soak up excess solution and run to head cleaning and it should help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts