T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have bitten the bullet and just purchased a new ricoh head from Anajet today for my MP5i. My magenta nozzle had a toothpick wide line that was consistently in the same place. I tried the following to no avail:

1. Hot Soak - Heated up cleaning fluid put it in the maintenance station and let it sit with the carriage over it. Tried this many times.

2. Alcohol Soak - Pressed a lint free cloth soaked with Alcohol on the head for 20 minutes to try to suck the ink out of the nozzles. No dice.

3. System Flush - Got the cleaning cartridges and flushed the lines overnight. Same story.

I have seen a product called Print Head Doctor and was wondering if any of you had any experience with it. Anajet told me they have one in their facility but I got mixed feedback from them.

Also are there more thorough methods I can take to try to get the head clean on my own once the head is removed. Lastly how do I do a waterfall test on this head.

Thank you for your help.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hey Robert I am sorry but didn't see this post until now. Haven't been on the forums lately. I have tried everything, and all print head cleaning machines and put in about 30k into research. No machine has ever worked for me that cleans heads out and the ultrasonic cleaners forget it, they fry the electronics. The print head doctors only work on photographic printers. Someday there will be something but not right now

·
Registered
45 Posts
Robert,

Were you able to clear your clogged printhead?

We were experiencing a similar problem with the magenta and recently flushed the machine with CS. Before installing the ink we changed out the dampers. Now the problem is WORSE and affecting both the cyan/magenta nozzle check and bands terribly. The nozzle check prints out perfect on all the lines EXCEPT the cyan/magenta prints about 2/3 then nothing then a small line at the top.

We cleaned the maintenance station, did the alcohol soak (12 times), numerous purges, line fills, etc., as instructed by Anajet Tech support. No solution.

Another friend here on the forum suggested a 20-minute soak and reverse flush using simple green - still no results.

Anthony at DTG Printer Parts has "Purple Stuff" we are going to attempt. I also read warming distilled water and soaking the head is also helpful, so will try that as well.

Any follow-up from you in greatly appreciated.

Thought we were doing our due diligence flushing the machine AAARRRRRR!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Robert,

Were you able to clear your clogged printhead?

We were experiencing a similar problem with the magenta and recently flushed the machine with CS. Before installing the ink we changed out the dampers. Now the problem is WORSE and affecting both the cyan/magenta nozzle check and bands terribly. The nozzle check prints out perfect on all the lines EXCEPT the cyan/magenta prints about 2/3 then nothing then a small line at the top.

We cleaned the maintenance station, did the alcohol soak (12 times), numerous purges, line fills, etc., as instructed by Anajet Tech support. No solution.

Another friend here on the forum suggested a 20-minute soak and reverse flush using simple green - still no results.

Anthony at DTG Printer Parts has "Purple Stuff" we are going to attempt. I also read warming distilled water and soaking the head is also helpful, so will try that as well.

Any follow-up from you in greatly appreciated.

Thought we were doing our due diligence flushing the machine AAARRRRRR!
I feel your pain. I just purchased my 3rd print head in less than 2 months. I've had my machine for just over 2 years and they all went out at the same time. I just sent it in for maintenance because the maintenance station is not lining up with the carriage. Which apparently was part of the whole problem. Too bad it cost me $3600 to find out because none of the techs believed me that I couldn't adjust the MS over a bit to line up. Do yourself a favor and check to make sure the heads are lining up with wells. That could be your problem right there.

I do have to say that Deanna was extremely helpful trying to get us back up and running. She even called/emailed me over the Holiday weekend to give me suggestions. Now my shop is down and I'm getting flooded with emails for orders.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I feel your pain. I just purchased my 3rd print head in less than 2 months. I've had my machine for just over 2 years and they all went out at the same time. I just sent it in for maintenance because the maintenance station is not lining up with the carriage. Which apparently was part of the whole problem. Too bad it cost me $3600 to find out because none of the techs believed me that I couldn't adjust the MS over a bit to line up. Do yourself a favor and check to make sure the heads are lining up with wells. That could be your problem right there.

I do have to say that Deanna was extremely helpful trying to get us back up and running. She even called/emailed me over the Holiday weekend to give me suggestions. Now my shop is down and I'm getting flooded with emails for orders.
If you need someone reliable to print I can refer you to some people

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got in a pre-owned MP10, the cyan head is printing about 2/3 then blank spot, then line at the top.
Can someone please explain how to remove the print head so we can attempt to flush it?
I can't seem to find any documentation or videos online except for the Sprint.

TIA!
~Chanel

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Plaza Girl,

Sorry for the late reply. I did replace the head after unsuccessfully getting the head unclogged. Now it works fine but it seems like when I fix one problem another pops up. The magenta when it sits overnight gets misty on my nozzle check. Anajet believes it is the maintenance station that needs to be replaced. I am having a hard time making any $$ with all of the parts I am ordering. The frustrating part is that the techs tell me what they believe is the problem, but there are no guarantees. If it is not the correct diagnosis, I am stuck with an extra $1,100 part that never needed replacing and with the same problem. If I knew it was the right thing to do I would have no problem shelling out the $$ to get the machine working like I know it can. But it seems like a gamble everytime I order a replacement part. Let me know how you are faring with your printhead issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
removing a gen4 ricoh head from the mPower can be daunting. First attempt should be running "plenty" of cleaning solution through the head first. You can try the default tech suggestion of warm soaks and other remedies, however, those methods can add up quickly with the high costs the recommended fluids needed.

I have spoken to an mP5i user that flushes their system on a monthly basis and does not print everyday. They are extremely happy with their system ( https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152254401947027&set=o.171391976381857&type=1 )

Keep the system clean and flushed often and you will reap the benefits for a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have now done everything we can to get the cyan to print properly. Purges, fills, alcohol on a lint-free wipe, nozzle check after nozzle check... still the exact same pattern on cyan. :(

Of course, it just had to be a 3 day weekend!
Does anyone know of any other t-shirt forums exclusively for Anajet users?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you tried releasing the print head, positioning it over the table (hit table button and then stop it half way through by hitting button again) and placing a warm/hot lint free with Isopropyl/distilled water up against the head for about 20 minutes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having a similar issue with my printhead on my MP10i, I maintain everyday and it became blocked all of a sudden. I tried heating up solution too and the alcohol soak and all that good stuff, nothings helping. I don't want to have to pay for a new printhead for this printer since I've had it less than a year and to be honest have had nothing but problems off and on from the jump. I have to send my MP5i for repairs because it's not working, so maybe some advice to clean the printhead would be awesome to get it up and running?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having a similar issue with my printhead on my MP10i, I maintain everyday and it became blocked all of a sudden. I tried heating up solution too and the alcohol soak and all that good stuff, nothings helping. I don't want to have to pay for a new printhead for this printer since I've had it less than a year and to be honest have had nothing but problems off and on from the jump. I have to send my MP5i for repairs because it's not working, so maybe some advice to clean the printhead would be awesome to get it up and running?
Hello LOK,

The printer is working great for me once I replaced the maintenance station. If the maintenance station is not doing it's job then eventually the heads will clog. One test you can do is to rub the seals on the station with waste ink and secure the head on the station. Then release the head by "releasing the carriage". Inspect underneath the head to make sure the seals align over the heads and that the ovals appear on the heads as well. If the ovals from the waste ink are not fully encircled on the head your maintenance station is not sealing properly and you need to address the issue before a clog happens. I have learned so far that the maintenance station is the most important thing in terms of keeping the heads and machine happy.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The maintenance station is as you have found a VERY key part of the system. If the maintenance station fails it can lead to clogged unrecoverable print heads.
It pays to pay close attention to the station and wiper assembly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.