T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forums that this post should go, but maybe you could help. I have an old shirt (never worn) that is too small and I want to have the design screen printed onto a bigger shirt.

It is a concert shirt so it is not as easy as finding the design and putting it into a computer to be printed. The text of the concert dates on the back might be hard to replicate on the back. It is possible to scan the shirt and have it screen printed back onto another shirt? If so, do any of you have the ablilty to do something like this?
Thanks for your help!
-Brian

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Not easily (which means not cheaply), and not legally. But it could be reproduced.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
What do you think it would cost?
It would vary a lot depending on who you took it to, and how much work needed doing.

It's unlikely the shirt could just be scanned and re-printed as is, it would probably take some cleanup in a graphics program. So you've got the cost of getting the art fixed (by the hour) and then the cost of screenprinting a one off shirt.

I'd be very surprised if anyone would do it for under $100 (anyone who does is an idiot), and you're more likely looking at $200-300+, depending on how much work is involved in cleaning up the artwork.

It would be a lot cheaper to get it printed on a DTG printer, but it would still (probably, but not necessarily) take some real money to get the artwork cleaned up. If you or someone you know can do that bit, you're just looking at the cost of printing a shirt on a DTG printer ($12-$25ish).

Since it would be illegal you might have a problem getting someone to do the work, although realistically many printers don't care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would vary a lot depending on who you took it to, and how much work needed doing.

It's unlikely the shirt could just be scanned and re-printed as is, it would probably take some cleanup in a graphics program. So you've got the cost of getting the art fixed (by the hour) and then the cost of screenprinting a one off shirt.

I'd be very surprised if anyone would do it for under $100 (anyone who does is an idiot), and you're more likely looking at $200-300+, depending on how much work is involved in cleaning up the artwork.

It would be a lot cheaper to get it printed on a DTG printer, but it would still (probably, but not necessarily) take some real money to get the artwork cleaned up. If you or someone you know can do that bit, you're just looking at the cost of printing a shirt on a DTG printer ($12-$25ish).

Since it would be illegal you might have a problem getting someone to do the work, although realistically many printers don't care.
I will look into this. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts