T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have a GT-782 for printing dark garments. One of our customers brought in a sample for reproduction which was also done with DTG.

The sample print was on a gray shirt. I was amazed to discover that the graphic had a white under base but the text at the bottom was printed in black and did not.

My questions is... are there drivers/RIP's that can print certain components in a graphic without under base? It would seem like on light colored garments and printing black you could save a lot of money by not printing white under base.

I am intrigued. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Adam,
Thanks for the insight. I don't remember having this feature on my FlexiJet but it goes back about three years. I thought it might be a new innovation.
Cheers,
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
If your printer rip does not have this option, you could always just print that bottom text as a seperate graphic. Just print the part with the white underbase first, and then add the text.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ron,

The option has been in the Flexi RIP for a long time. Below is a screen shot of the Print To application screen and I highlighted where it is. I also put a screen shot of the Print From application showing where you can make this setting as well. The Print From application does give you more control over the amount of white ink you can apply under Black ink.

Stating this, I would not recommend not putting any white ink under the black. This is because the Black Dupont ink does not have the same washability when printed directly on top of the white pretreatment. So at a minimum, I would put a light white underbase down to provide for better washability. Just my opinion.

Best wishes,

Mark

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts