T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I have cs6) can someone tell me how to print direct from photoshop to t-jet2 printer? (I am assuming it is not ->file ->print (and pick printer because it is not showing up in printer list) I am hoping I can bypass the ez-rip which is not giving me the image look the same as photoshop.

If not, I need help, when I transfer a file into ez rip from photoshop file, the image looks different, I used a heavy feather on an image, when I load it into ez-rip it shows the image as a whole solid full color image (the transparency is completely lost) changing the look of the design, rendering it useless, can any one help plz. I have done graphics for a long time, but new to DTG. thanks

· Registered
1,397 Posts
(I have cs6) can someone tell me how to print direct from photoshop to t-jet2 printer? (I am assuming it is not ->file ->print (and pick printer because it is not showing up in printer list) I am hoping I can bypass the ez-rip which is not giving me the image look the same as photoshop.

If not, I need help, when I transfer a file into ez rip from photoshop file, the image looks different, I used a heavy feather on an image, when I load it into ez-rip it shows the image as a whole solid full color image (the transparency is completely lost) changing the look of the design, rendering it useless, can any one help plz. I have done graphics for a long time, but new to DTG. thanks
You may not have the printer installed to the control panel. That could be why you don't see it in photoshop. What you can do to check is in side Ez rip go to Queue>Manage Queues> and click the Install button. This will add it to the control panel. Now you can go to Photoshop and go to File>Automate>Send to VPM...>and select your printer. Keep in mind that it will still go to ez rip and not print directly from photoshop so you will still see the image in the preview window. But like I stated in the other post don't worry about how it looks in the preview window within EZ rip because it won't print that way. You can increase the resolution to the preview to make it look better but it may not be an exact representation. Just use photoshop to view it. To increase the resolution of the preview window in ez rip go to Tools>Options...>Preview Options>and you can select your Preview quality. Select very high and 8 bits per pixel. I recommend to just leave it alone because it can take longer to generate a preview. The default settings allow it to generate quickly and you can move on to ripping and printing the file.

Another way to do it from photoshop is to again make sure that your printer is installed in the control panel. Then in photoshop go to File>Print> select your tjet 2 printer, click on page setup, go to Layout, click the Advanced button, select the proper paper size, under Printer Features select the Print Mode, and if your printing on black select your Underbase Mode.

Either way there is no way to bypass the rip. Both methods will send the file to the rip. IMO its just faster and easier to drag and drop the file into your queue with the settings already set and print.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
the disc only supports 32bit systems, and I have 64bit with windows 8.

So i went and found the generic epson 2200 driver, so now photoshop sees the printer, but there is no options for the sizes, and photorealistic and cartoon and all that the rip has. so not sure what to do now
You'll need the rip to be able to print properly. It has the proper printer packages. Have you tried installing it either way. I have 64bit windows 7 and it worked fine.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll need the rip to be able to print properly. It has the proper printer packages. Have you tried installing it either way. I have 64bit windows 7 and it worked fine.
yes i installed rip. but in photoshop, -> print select 2200, there is only the usual paper size, none of the other rip options. it is seeing it as a regular printer,

I still do not have the automate -> option in photoshop as was posted on here

· Registered
1,397 Posts
yes i installed rip. but in photoshop, -> print select 2200, there is only the usual paper size, none of the other rip options. it is seeing it as a regular printer,

I still do not have the automate -> option in photoshop as was posted on here
You've tried installing the printer to the control panel from the rip?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've tried installing the printer to the control panel from the rip?
IDK I just put the disc in and installed the rip. I could not install the printer at all from the disc. but it installed the rip and artist. put it never found the printer, so i was told to get 2200 drivers online for 64 bit, because the disc only supported 32 bit.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
IDK I just put the disc in and installed the rip. I could not install the printer at all from the disc. but it installed the rip and artist. put it never found the printer, so i was told to get 2200 drivers online for 64 bit, because the disc only supported 32 bit.
The Epson 2200 driver has nothing to do with the rip. You will need to use the drivers for the rip to be able to print with it. Using the 2200 driver to print will not give you good result nor will it allow you to print white ink. Follow my instructions up on top to get it to print through Photoshop but like I stated it will still go to the rip either way. It is actually faster just to bring in the file directly to the rip.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should have a disc that says drivers on it. When you open up the rip it wants you to search for those drivers and not the 2200 driver.
thank you for your help.

I have a couple more questions?

1. how many full color 12"x15" prints should you get from 4 oz of each ink? And I think there is a way for it to tell you how much ink per shirt it is using, I dont remember where I saw that.

2. I am having problems with feathers and transparencies not printing at all or not completely attached files to show. (I put a side by side compare of the design on left and actual print result on right. not only is the surf guy not good, the main problem is the feather does not show at all, it has a very hard edge that is not in design. The 2nd image is a transparent text under the full color text that is printing very randomly on the shirts, as this one shows some of the letters show some do not.

thank u in advance for your help.

Attachments

· Registered
1,397 Posts
thank you for your help.

I have a couple more questions?

1. how many full color 12"x15" prints should you get from 4 oz of each ink? And I think there is a way for it to tell you how much ink per shirt it is using, I dont remember where I saw that.

2. I am having problems with feathers and transparencies not printing at all or not completely attached files to show. (I put a side by side compare of the design on left and actual print result on right. not only is the surf guy not good, the main problem is the feather does not show at all, it has a very hard edge that is not in design. The 2nd image is a transparent text under the full color text that is printing very randomly on the shirts, as this one shows some of the letters show some do not.

thank u in advance for your help.
There is a costing feature that will tell you how much the ink will cost per shirt. I actually created a video for Equipment Zone years ago. Here is the link to it: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOQc_9gn0k[/media]

For the prints what print mode are you using? Looks like you have some registration issues as well.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a costing feature that will tell you how much the ink will cost per shirt. I actually created a video for Equipment Zone years ago. Here is the link to it: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOQc_9gn0k[/media]

For the prints what print mode are you using? Looks like you have some registration issues as well.
thank you that video is a great help. do u have a direct link so i can email to business partner.

I am using 720fast pass

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also, I am going to check the pricing by what the video showed when i get back to the shop tomorrow, but can you give me an estimate of how many shirts i should get with 4 oz of ink, 720 fast pass, full color 12x16", I am sharing the printer with business partner and he is claiming i only can get 14 shirts for that. It is hard to tell because he is claiming he filled the ink into the cartridge not the overflow, and it ran out of 2 inks after 12 shirts, the design I posted in this thread is the type of shirt, fairly even amount of colors. I am going to buy my own ink and keep it separate but just wondering. thank u

· Registered
1,397 Posts
If you click on the link you can copy the link from youtube up at the top or click on share.

There is no fast pass so I'm assuming your using HS. Is it Photo or Cartoon print mode? From the looks of the pic it looks like cartoon. Try using 1440x720 Photo. This will put more ink down but will print at a higher resolution and also print the skin tones more accurately. Using cartoon for photos can make the skin look skin burned.

Its hard to say exactly how many shirts you can get. It depends on the print mode, how many head cleanings your doing, and the colors your printing. I can say that you should be able to get more then 14 for sure. Especially using 720 print mode. I would have to guess you should get 40-60 shirts at that print mode.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you think the higher print setting will fix the lack of feather showing up and the transparent text (under the westcoast is the.... text. or is it a limitation of printer being able to print feathers.
i dont know if you can see it in image i posted, the left right comparison, the left side is the design it has a feather so the image blends into shirt better, the actual print has a very hard line and looks bad. thank you for your help.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
i am using photoshop psd file. it was created using a feather around surfer/wave. {(text was created with lowering opacity)

it may be transferring into artist, not picking it up maybe?
Make sure that your psd file is flattened down to one layer with no effects applied. Or you can also use a jpg with a white background since your not printing white ink.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.