T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to get in to print and cut to peint on black Tshirts and here is my setup:

-Epson et3760:regular ink
  • Epson et15000: sublimation ink
  • GCC LX plotter (with contour setting).

I have no idea where to start, what media to use and how to cut.

Does anyone can help me?

Thank you!

· Registered
4,277 Posts
what press did you end up getting?

for full color on black:
i'm going to be honest and say there is no inkjet paper for darks worthy of selling
they feel terrible on the garment (like a raincoat) and they fail after a few regular wash cycles
(unless you can convince your customers to wash by hand in cold water and hang to dry)

the process entails printing, letting the inks dry, then cut & weed, then apply a suitable heat transfer masking tape, remove design from backing material and then press
it is a tricky process to get right every time (see this thread)

if you have designs in the 1-3 color range, then simply use htv
anything else and i would recommend 613 originals or versatranz for plastisol transfers (the time savings for you, and quality for your customers will be more than worth it)

the other option is to find a local with an eco-solvent printer (someone who does signs/banners) and have them print your designs for you on printable htv, and then you cut at home (make sure to give them your designs ready to print for your roll size with the registration marks)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what press did you end up getting?

for full color on black:
i'm going to be honest and say there is no inkjet paper for darks worthy of selling
they feel terrible on the garment (like a raincoat) and they fail after a few regular wash cycles
(unless you can convince your customers to wash by hand in cold water and hang to dry)

the process entails printing, letting the inks dry, then cut & weed, then apply a suitable heat transfer masking tape, remove design from backing material and then press
it is a tricky process to get right every time (see this thread)

if you have designs in the 1-3 color range, then simply use htv
anything else and i would recommend 613 originals or versatranz for plastisol transfers (the time savings for you, and quality for your customers will be more than worth it)

the other option is to find a local with an eco-solvent printer (someone who does signs/banners) and have them print your designs for you on printable htv, and then you cut at home (make sure to give them your designs ready to print for your roll size with the registration marks)
Hi!

thanks a lot for your reply and my apology for the late response.

i endedup getting the “Siser” press, which I’m happy with but also witness some small limitations, or I would say, I would definitely upgrade as soon as I can!

I’m waiting to receive my easy subli media and look forward to learning the tricks of contours cutting for white and black.
Thanks a lot for giving me the detail process!
Now I have another question: I printed some really sublimation samples on 100%polyester T-shirt, what would best a great media to use for white Cotton T-shirt ?
As well have you heard about supacolor media?

Thanks a lot!

· Registered
4,277 Posts
for white jpss is the best, hands down (i buy mine from this guy in toronto)
i use 50/50 blends (but 100% cotton works ok as well)
even on white tee's i do print & cut (unless the design has a frame/outline/shape that is easily cut with scissors), and if you do print & cut you can use it on light color garments too
just do some color testing (see below) to see its pros and cons (on page 2 of this thread there are some tests/ideas i did on different colors to give you an idea)

JPSS instructions:
  • pre-heat heat press to 370f
  • place garment on the lower platen and lint roller it
  • pre-press garment for 5 secs (rest upper platen on garment)
  • place jpss on garment and using the heaviest pressure you can muster without breaking yourself or the heat press, close heat press for 30 seconds
  • open heat press and *immediately peel from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner, as close to the garment as possible, then lightly stretch the garment horizontally and vertically a few times
  • cover design with parchment paper and re-press for 10 secs, open press, remove parchment paper immediately and lightly stretch while hot again
  • do not wash for 24 hours
  • * if you find it too hot to peel immediately, remove garment from press and let it sit till it is luke warm, then peel, do not stretch, place back on the press, cover with parchment paper and re-press for 12 secs, then remove parchment and lightly stretch while hot
  • you can only use the parchment paper once as there will be a very slight uptake of ink on it and will ghost either on your next garment or your upper platen (buy it cheap at costco)

Face Purple Head Text Violet
Colorfulness Pattern Line Tints and shades Symmetry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.