T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been asked here....but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have asked several times to do runs or 5-6 white shirts with graphics. I print the transfers myself on a Worforce 1100. They tend to be multi color. Is there a good way to price these out. Usually a front and back design. Have done up to 50. I am trying to come up with a formula to keep prices consistent. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

· Registered
448 Posts
I use JPSS and Epson Durabrite inks. The cost of these items does not go down with quantity like plastisol transfers. I calculate my costs (paper, ink, shirt including any freight) and then factor in labor. Don't forget to include trim time on the images. This can take as long as pressing a shirt. Also include any art / design time in labor or price it by it self.

Since I heat press only and have minimal overhead I(home based) I price labor at $30.00 per hour. For larger orders I would go $25 per hour. I won't print a single white t-shirt for less than $20.00 if it's 2 sided.

Any formula for calculating cost would need to reflect your costs including overhead. I hoped this helped some.

· Registered
6,511 Posts
For $20 a shirt two sided you can buy Screen printed t-shirts with minimums of 12 or more. However, you'll still get several colors included for that price.

Your profit is where you calculate your hourly wage if you base it on that. Meaning, the more profit you make from multiple t-shirts is your wage.

Most people consider transfers of less quality because you're sticking them on even though you heat press them.

If you're selling retail than by all means sell them for $20, but remember what your competitors are selling them for. It's whatever the market will bare.

· Registered
278 Posts
At retail level we're gona keep fixed prices on stock (blanks), this is the minimal a customer pays for the garment. For eg. An fotl valueweight is around £1.25, we'll keep stock in 10s, so if we take 50 ts in different sizes + £7 del that's £70/50=£1.39 a shirt.

2 metre roll of std hotflex vinyl is £11.52, at 50x100cm, 2 metres is 1 square metre of material. Average design based on max 25x30cm means 1 sqr metre gives roughy 6 designs @ £1.92 each.

T-shirt stock price £8.
Print is £2 each front/back/sleeve

So if a customer has f/b they pay £12.

Cost is 1.39+3.84=5.23

Gross profit is £6.77 gross margin is 56%.

We don't factor in labour.

On volume it's a bit random atm but we try to keep an 80-150% markup depending on qty.

The calculation is based on us using a wide format cutter and its material. Feedback would be good as we'not doing this yet, can get the kinks out.

Any other formulas?

· Registered
448 Posts
For $20 a shirt two sided you can buy Screen printed t-shirts with minimums of 12 or more. However, you'll still get several colors included for that price.

Your profit is where you calculate your hourly wage if you base it on that. Meaning, the more profit you make from multiple t-shirts is your wage.

Most people consider transfers of less quality because you're sticking them on even though you heat press them.

If you're selling retail than by all means sell them for $20, but remember what your competitors are selling them for. It's whatever the market will bare.
I don't know of screen printer that will print 1 shirt for $20. Too much time and effort for $20. In quantity I've done these types of shirts for $6 to $7. One shirt is going to cost you. After all it's a CUSTOM imprinted shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.