T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a system call the RT Sunangel from RhinoTech. And am trying to figure out how to price the laser toner transfers. Anyone have a idea on how to go by doing this or can you explain how you do it on your transfers.

Thanks,
Kyle Jones

· Registered
123 Posts
I bought a system call the RT Sunangel from RhinoTech. And am trying to figure out how to price the laser toner transfers. Anyone have a idea on how to go by doing this or can you explain how you do it on your transfers.

Thanks,
Kyle Jones
That's a tough question.

What is your competition pricing? What is your monthly overhead? Are you working our if home or at a shop? All of those things need to be considered when putting together pricing (and really should've been put together before buying equipment). Once you know the answers to those questions, you will be able to make pricing decisions and see if you can make it work to come out in the black.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a tough question.

What is your competition pricing? What is your monthly overhead? Are you working our if home or at a shop? All of those things need to be considered when putting together pricing (and really should've been put together before buying equipment). Once you know the answers to those questions, you will be able to make pricing decisions and see if you can make it work to come out in the black.
Well I have no overhead really since I work out of the back of my parents hardware store. And they just let me use the room. And I live in a little town and no one else does print like this around here.

So basically my situation is not the normal situation most people are deal with. So I really don't know how I should go by pricing this.

· Registered
123 Posts
In that situation, I would personally try to estimate the number of shirts you'll be handling and work from there to figure how long you want it to take for you to get a return on your investment. What will the market bear there? Are you in competition with local screen printers and what are they charging?

With the laser transfer, at least around here, I can be competitive with screen printers for short runs - up to about 20-24 shirts. Beyond that, up to about 36 shirts, we're at about the same price point. Beyond that, the gap between screen printer and laser transfer makes screen printing more economical for the customer. That is, assuming that they want something that works well with screen printing (i.e., 3 color printing).

While the screen printing tends to be labor intensive on the front end, building the screens, etc., Laser transfer is labor intensive in the actual production itself. Wait until the first time you get a request for printing on front, back, and sleeve on a dark shirt. A single screw-up on the 3rd print destroys the shirt (and along with it, the money you spent on the front and rear transfer).

Find out what your competition does .... figure how much you spent on your initial investment .... price yourself competitively with the screen printers at a run of perhaps 12 shirts but with the advantage of quicker turnaround time.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.