T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I landed my first screen printing job and I'm trying to figure out what I should charge.

Its 10 tees which I'm getting at 3euro each

2 colour front chest print and 1 colour Back print.

What would you guys charge for the printing, set up, garments and 1 hour artwork?

Its my first order and I want to be competitive, I'm also planning on giving a 20% discount as I think I'll get return business from this customer.

All help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
High set-up costs - low running costs, not good for 10 shirts.
Most shops have a minimum order.
You have 3 x film costs, screen prepping costs, exposing, washing & drying, printing, reclaiming etc.
Only you know your costs.
Then you need to add on something for your overheads and a little thing called profit.
Treat this one as a training exercise because you will be working for peanuts. Try getting a quote from a competitor and work from there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I rang a competitor his price was 25e set up (total for the 3 screens) and then 5e per print per tee (15e !) which i think is expensive. Thats not including garment price.

-veugo100 your prices are very competitive mate and I like that calculator. Nice work! Do you not add cost for extra locations?

·
Registered
211 Posts
-vuego100 your prices are very competitive mate and I like that calculator. Nice work! Do you not add cost for extra locations?
Thanks. Yeah more competitive than I'd like really but its just the way things are for us at the moment as we're trying to infiltrate specific markets with advertising and promotions so prices are as sharp as we can get them but its gotta be done as were pretty unknown nationally.

Extras like locations, colour changes, artwork charges, special colour mixes etc is something I wanna add to it but haven't had the time at the moment so its pretty basic. Athough basic is good cos if you give the customer too much rope...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay so I'm pricing as follows...

Garments 3.75 each (about .75 mark up)
Set up 25e per screen
Artwork 40e for 1 hour
1st chest print 4e
2nd chest print 1e
Back print 4e
Film Positives 1.5e each

- 20% new customer discount

came to 239.10e after VAT or about 200e before.

Does that seem okay?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts