T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the t shirt business and I was wondering what exactly does Basics and Premiums mean? what are they? Also I noticed that Printmojo fullfillment service allows you order a min of 24 peices- are their any fullfillments companies that allow you to order less or are more reasonable in pricing? I've been searching the websites but I don't undertand alot of what they were saying. Also what fullfillment companies don't pay you commission? Is the commission you earn pretty reasonable?

Martina

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Martina,

There are basically two (2) types of fulfillment services available. I touched up on this in the T-shirts 101 a while back but if you missed it, I'll try to help explain it here, briefly.

The first type of fulfillment service are those that will do a minimum of one piece, such as a t-shirt, print and ship the order to your customer. Generally speaking, their 'base' prices are a bit on the high side as this will cover their own costs such as overhead, servers, labor, etc... Most will usually offer you a website where your designs are displayed and where purchases are made from. You only have to provide the artwork, they do the rest. The 'BASE' price is what the item actually costs. YOU must add YOUR profit to the BASE price.

The second type is a fulfillment service where, to get a lower price per piece, you may or may not have a free website setup and where the minimum order can range from one to dozens of pieces. Most local screenprinters also have a minimum of 12-24 pieces so if this is what you are looking for, may suit your needs.

There are a few fulfillment services which are not as sophisticated as Cafepress and other services, but offer more products, colors, etc... and lower pricing. A few do offer free website space and some do not. Using these services means you must sell from your own website, using such merchant programs as Paypal, 2Checkout, etc... BUT your actual cost per piece is lower but you must handle all of the transactions.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts