T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some guidance on where to be on pricing for an order of 200 white shirts using JPSS.

The order will be a picture on a white shirt.

Normally I only do very short runs with this method. When I get to this level, I try to use screen printing, but since it is a picture, I am going this route.

I order all my shirts getting case pricing, but I have never been asked to heat transfer this many shirts and I don't want to under price.

What do you all suggest?

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies.

NoXid - Exactly my concern.

Shirt and paper prices are well known to all of us. I buy from S&S and get my JPSS from Coastal for the record. For our example, let's use the $2.50 mentioned by learner. I use Gildan 2000 shirts.

A big chunk of this is what to charge for the time involved.

For discussion purposes, let's say it takes a minute to print each transfer on the inkjet printer. That's 200 minutes.

Let's say the same for the pressing process, one minute (put a shirt on press, press, remove transfer backer). That's another 200 minutes.

So we are at $500 for the shirts and paper. We have 400 minutes left to cost out, or almost 7 hours of shop time.

(While you can argue you can walk away when printing the transfers, I have had issues when doing this before so I like to keep an eye on things.)

All that said, now what would you charge? Gotta keep the lights on too.

· Registered
4,710 Posts
wow!
$5 for a custom full color shirt, you are a very generous person learner

your cost would be over $5 (including incidentals like those mentioned, as well as electricity, storage space, advertising, etc.),
so your time is simply a gift

i would do min. $10-$12 per shirt

· Registered
1,680 Posts
Iremember paying $25 at a local swapmeet for a full color image on a shirt from a inkjet printer before I knew how to make them. $5.00 you just giving it away your shirt alone can cost u that or half that. learner must be a crafter.

· Registered
44 Posts
I always go $10 for a JPSS single placement. $11-$12 for 2X-3X Tee or if Im doing JPSS 2 placements like large image on back and pocket area logo on front. I can't beat the silk screen guys with shops in price but I can't give it away either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.