T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all T-Shirt Forum Members:
The question I have is as follows. I have been selling the typical Unisub (U5677) coaster set of four with stand for $19.95 ea. I recently have been given the opportunity to do an order for either 200 or 400 coasters (4 separate photos) without the stand. Trying to decide what a realistic/fair price would be for these to my customer. I know it depends on my costs for goods, labor, paper etc. But was wondering what others might charge for this volume. I have never done an order this large before for these particular coasters.
Also, would anyone suggest using the jig that is available (8 up) for this purpose.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do a few coasters now and then, usually a run of one or two designs on say 100 coasters, for the clubs i do merchandise for.
As you say, you have to work out your costs, time spent working, then give yourself a decent profit margin. Only you know what you are prepared to work for.
As a quick example though, i did a run of mugs recently for a car club. They wanted 100 mugs with the one design on.
I sell these mugs at £4.99 plus p&p in ones and two's through various owners club shops. The mugs come to me at say £1 each, the subli paper costs say 5 pence a mug, ink used maybe 5 pence again, and then there's the time spent doing the artwork and printing the things. factor in any misfires and you arrive at about £2.50 a mug cost. Add your profit, in this case about £1 a mug, and i got a total cost to the club of £3.50 a mug, plus p&p.
I have no overheads as such cos i have a studio at home, but you get the idea.
re the jig/template, I made my own little jig a few years ago, so i could print 6 coasters at a time. It took me ages to get the template just right for printing, but it made bigger jobs so much quicker, i would recommend getting one if you are going to be doing more big runs.
Hope some of this helped,
Alex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts