T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ~

I'm a newbie and wanted to throw some questions out there about the cost of Bella / Canvas products.

First, my goal is to produce quality apparel and sell for a resonable price. I've obtained sample tees (Continental, AA, Anvil) and read some of the forums for thoughts and experience of others.

After consideration, I really like Bella brand for quality, fashion, and cost. Here're my questions:

1/ I've established an account w/ Golden State - a Bella distributor in California. They've indicated for "white" shirts, there's a .07 - .09 cent ADDTIONAL charge for freight. This is only applicable to white. The rep I spoke to wasn't sure why the charge. Other colors are excluded from this fee. I know this isn't a huge expense, but has anyone else encountered this situation?

2/ I haven't explored other distributors of Bella and am wondering if prices vary ? If so, does anyone have experience w/ Bella? I.E. Have you checked various distributors and found one to be less expensive ?

3/ Does anyone have other suggestions of products that would be similar in quality to Bella that I've overlooked - and should check out ?

I started my t-shirt biz stating I wanted to go "green", be made in America, be a quality product, good price ... and wow ... very difficult to get "all of the above" !

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and reply to my inquiries !

Colleen

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Colleen, We carry most of the Bella line and have run in to slight pricing differences between tee colors but never for freight... where are you located? We use 12 different vendors and have found www.tsfsportswear.com to be less expensive on some Bella items. However, they do not carry the entire Bella line.

Other brands that have a similar cut to Bella are Kavio, Royal Apparel and ASTees (the last two have a few organic products also). You may want to try www.econscious.net for certified organic... I have not tried them yet but I will . It looks like the cut for their ladies tee is a little different than the Bella basic tee.

Hope this helps... Good luck with your new business!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info !
I'm located in California; however, I'll check out the web site you mentioned for Bella.

I think I've seen the econscious - I love the products, but they're very limited compared to Bella.

Thanks again and have a great day !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts