T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I realize prices will vary from shop to shop based on overheard and what not, but I'm just curious where I stand on my pricing...

So if you wouldn't mind pricing this out just so I see where I'm at

100 white gildan 2000 shirts with the phrase "Go now!!!" Printed on the front with black ink..

Thanks,
Jeron

· Registered
937 Posts
That's sweet Curtis. And when you can get it, you should get it. Jeron, figuring out your price can be really tricky, but remember that you don't have to be the cheapest guy in town. Especially if the most expensive guy in town is still in business after all these years making money. Find a middle ground, and then earn it with quality.

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i am about $6.50.. and i actually called around and got quotes from other places with this similar quote and one came back at $7.24 a piece and another came back at $4.50. So i feel pretty good with my price at the moment. I'm just so new and haven't done many jobs that i second guess myself.

thanks for your input everyone..

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Superman can't create a positive, burn, set up, print and clean a screen in 25-35 minutes. ..
I agree... I mean you have to clean and coat a screen, art and print transparency, burn and washout, dry screen, tape and setup, print 100 shirts, teardown and clean screen, fold shirts and box....

I'm probably slow but I feel like it would take me 10-15 minutes to just fold the dang shirts ha ha

Thanks,
Jeron

· Registered
225 Posts
I agree... I mean you have to clean and coat a screen, art and print transparency, burn and washout, dry screen, tape and setup, print 100 shirts, teardown and clean screen, fold shirts and box....

I'm probably slow but I feel like it would take me 10-15 minutes to just fold the dang shirts ha ha

Thanks,
Jeron
Yea Jeron, even with your 17 second exposure time, I don't see 30 min start to finish...

I am glad I'm not doing this in California. There's something to be said for the climate, but they seem to work like dogs for a nickle...

· Registered
18 Posts
Yea Jeron, even with your 17 second exposure time, I don't see 30 min start to finish...

I am glad I'm not doing this in California. There's something to be said for the climate, but they seem to work like dogs for a nickle...
Its possible
fresh screens are coated every night
to print film 1 min
to expose 2 min with ryonet hifi emulsion
hand dry screen 2min
throw screen on 8x8 press 2min
2 passes for each shirt 15 min for 100 shirts
throw on conveyor drier
fold
done

if you guys ever want to stop by the shop ill be more than happy to show you guys how to run a screen printing business :)

· Registered
225 Posts
That's sweet Curtis. And when you can get it, you should get it. Jeron, figuring out your price can be really tricky, but remember that you don't have to be the cheapest guy in town. Especially if the most expensive guy in town is still in business after all these years making money. Find a middle ground, and then earn it with quality.
This is my closest competition: 25+ miles away...

Showdown Merch | Custom Screen Printing Alberta

They come in @ 9 bucks...

· Registered
225 Posts
Its possible
fresh screens are coated every night
to print film 1 min
to expose 2 min with ryonet hifi emulsion
hand dry screen 2min
throw screen on 8x8 press 2min
2 passes for each shirt 15 min for 100 shirts
throw on conveyor drier
fold
done

if you guys ever want to stop by the shop ill be more than happy to show you guys how to run a screen printing business :)
"run" being the operative word...;) Seriously, I feel for you guys down there I casually stroll my business just fine...:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.