T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Trying to price a vinyl sticker job, looked through the forums and all the related posts and got a jumble of prices per square inch. But, I noticed roughly 10-12 cents/square inch is the average?

I'm doing 100 1.5"tall x 10.25"wide vinyl stickers all black and that came out right around $200. High performance cast, masked and ready to apply. I can fit 13 on a 24" roll with a .25" gap in between each. Total length of vinyl used is about 84". So 24" x 84" = 2,016 square inches ends up ~ $200. Is this too steep? I was originally going to make stickers for my customer at 1"x10" at $154.35 100 pieces, and they were happy with that price. Any help is greatly appreciated as time is of the essence !! :)

-BURNTtoast

· Registered
415 Posts
Re: Price per square inch

that's only 2 bucks a sticker. for a 1.5x 10.25 sticker. that's not expensive at all. ya can't look just at the final $200 price tag. just let him know that they are going to be 2 bucks each, sounds cheaper right ? if you look around at other sticker for sale you will see that almost all of them will be more than that. go to any car/motorcycle/boat........show and they all have smaller stickers for sale for 3x the money right ?

· Registered
6 Posts

How hard is the weeding? My standard pricing for 24" wide premium cast is $2 per lineal inch for the first color and $1 per lineal inch for each additional color. I then charge extra if the weeding is particularily difficult.

For a simple weed job using 24" wide vinyl 84" long I would charge $168. I would likely be up to $200 or more unless the weeding is very easy.

I would say you got it just about right.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Bill,

haha aww man this just gets more confusing but i'll get it dialed eventually. Mike says I'm too low and you're saying i'm just about there. Weeding is ehh moderate, small font and the majority of the letters happen to be e's and a's and p's and all that fun stuff! Thanks again for your input man

· Registered
44 Posts
i think cost is more about how much you have to weed it rather than how much vinyl
i wouldnt have a clue on how to charge it out i guess just see what its going to cost you and look at the end product and see what you would pay and whether its going to give you enough profit for the job

· Registered
614 Posts
Just delivered two 3.5 x 8" sticker/decal single color with contrasting outline, weeded and taped, ready for install...2 decals each 1.5x5 single color. These are for his Gas tank(each side) and saddlebags on a Harley. All are standard vinyl with 3-4 lifespan....charged him $30 bucks. Considering design, cut, tape and delivery...I think its a fair price

· Registered
287 Posts

A lot of shops will use a 3 step pricing structure, because no decal will be exactly the same. A simple two word decal in the sizes you mentioned "THE END" has only one pick and would weed very quickly. You can classify this as a "1" in complexity. We would price this at say $ 1.00 per linear inch on 24" material. So your 13 decals at 10.5" long would be $ 10.50/13= $ .81 cents each. I'd round this to $ 1.00 each. A great bargain. Now, a 2 line decal or a decal with a graphic could be considered a "2" in complexity. I'd charge $ 2.00 per linear inch on 24" material. Then you may have a multi color or a highly complex design, call this a class "3" decal and charge accordingly. This is something that you'll have to learn with time. There is really no set price that will work for every job. To leave yourself some wiggle room always quote with a +/- 15% allowance. You need to figure what your profit per hour needs to be and charge accordingly for the specific job you're doing. You may not always be perfect with your quote, but you learn from it and get the next job right.

· Registered
415 Posts
also, how much "total" time will it take you to do 100 stickers ? probably 10 min to cut them ? weeding will take an hour or two depending on how quick you are and how tough the design in. so your up to about 2.5 hours work time. do you have an idea what you wanna make for an hour of work ? i don't think 2 bucks a piece is too much. is this guy going to re-sell them or give them away ? he will probably sell them for 3-4 bucks each so he is already making more on them than you are. if you think you are a little high, how about cutting a extra 10 and tell him you are throwing them in because he is a good customer ? it will only take an extra 5 min to get those extra ones done and he will think he is getting a good deal (which he is).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.