T-Shirt Forums banner

Price per letter for names on back of shirt?

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hbapparel 
#1 ·
I am looking to setup pricing for names on back of T-Shirts per letter. For example: $2. per letter/number for 3" lettering. Seems like it would be a lot easier pricing per letter/number. Does anyone else do this? What is your pricing if you do? We plan on using only Thermoflex vinyl for this. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

#7 ·
When we are on site at a show/event, I charge $5 for a single line name, 2"-2-3/4" tall (depends on if it's a kids size or adult) in either glitter vinyl or plain vinyl. We used to do it a little cheaper if they wanted the plain vinyl, but it's so much easier to have just one price. I may charge a more if they want 2 lines...depends on my mood and how nice the customer is to be honest. And I usually do a bunch of names together so it saves vinyl and makes them more profitable. Hope that helps. Good luck

#8 ·
For names, I have always charged by the shirt not the letters or names.
It averages out over a lot of shirt lettering.
Some names are 2 letters and some are 4 words. They take just about the same time to type, cut, weed and iron on. and it makes the customer very happy to have every shirt cost the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.