T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I was just curious on average what you pay for artwork(teeshirt designs)that you have a freelance graphic designer do. I do all my own designs now but was just curious as to the cost of that? I know it varies a lot based on designer/ the design but can someone give me a general idea? Thanks a lot:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
It does depend on the designer and the design. As a designer myself I charge no less than $250 for the average design. Anything less I would be insulting myself. I'm sure you can find designers out there that will charge less...

·
Registered
290 Posts
As a designer my going rate is 15.00 an hour with a minimum of 4 hours. I charge extra for big changes to design.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve known cases when the price was way beyond $300 mark. I’d say - the sky is the limit here. Usually you get what you pay for, unless someone really talented is either your friend, or at the very beginning of their career. However, I would say somewhere around $150-$500 is what you should be prepared to pay in most cases, depending on a design.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree with the posts above. I have a minimum charge of $60 and most designs are over $125. If you go too cheap, chances are, the artist won't have the final design file set up properly. I've been given "completed designs" from other artists, that the screen printer pays me to fix (not Pantone, weird pieces, not vector, not cuttable, etc...). Good art and design is worth the higher price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts