T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
To be expected. As an ex epson rep I know they are constantly replacing models. My cx7800 was discontinued from manufacturing 6 months after it was introduced. Now they are selling off inventory.Same on the cs4800. This is there low end all in one. Also slow and low scanning and coping resolution.

·
Registered
282 Posts
66shirts said:
Figures, My wife just ordered a c88 this morning. Did we screw up?
NO.

The reason why I bought my CX4800 is we could use a second scanner which is fast enough for me, plus a handy copier, camera card, etc. all for $100 at my time of purchase.

I am prepared for the CX4800 to fail within a year. If not, I'll be happy.
The CX4800 uses 4-colors which is cheaper and fine as my BACKUP t-shirt printer and everyday printer for business stuff.

Mind you, we own MANY other Epsons for other purposes.

The C88 uses the same ink carts as the CX4800.

The ADVANTAGE of owning "just a printer" is if you decide to go with a bulk ink system it will be more suitable.

Plus if you are depending on an all-in-one and something goes...are you prepared for that occasion?

I read reviews on the CX series before my purchase. There are some lemons, the 4800 is not one of them. Go to cnet, amazon, epionions, etc.

If I needed a printer just for t-shirts and I did not need wide format, I would have purchased the C88:)

We have other businesses and went with the R2400 for wide format for photo printing.

I have not had any problems with the CX4800 in over two months of daily use. I leave the printer on (supposed to help prevent clogging). My best price for ink has been buy.com value pack which comes with 50 sheets of Epson 4 x 6 photo paper and FREE shipping!

Cheers,
Susan

·
Registered
101 Posts
suzieh said:
NO.

The reason why I bought my CX4800 is we could use a second scanner which is fast enough for me, plus a handy copier, camera card, etc. all for $100 at my time of purchase.

I am prepared for the CX4800 to fail within a year. If not, I'll be happy.
The CX4800 uses 4-colors which is cheaper and fine as my BACKUP t-shirt printer and everyday printer for business stuff.

Mind you, we own MANY other Epsons for other purposes.

The C88 uses the same ink carts as the CX4800.

The ADVANTAGE of owning "just a printer" is if you decide to go with a bulk ink system it will be more suitable.

Plus if you are depending on an all-in-one and something goes...are you prepared for that occasion?

I read reviews on the CX series before my purchase. There are some lemons, the 4800 is not one of them. Go to cnet, amazon, epionions, etc.

If I needed a printer just for t-shirts and I did not need wide format, I would have purchased the C88:)

We have other businesses and went with the R2400 for wide format for photo printing.

I have not had any problems with the CX4800 in over two months of daily use. I leave the printer on (supposed to help prevent clogging). My best price for ink has been buy.com value pack which comes with 50 sheets of Epson 4 x 6 photo paper and FREE shipping!

Cheers,
Susan

Thanks susan!

That's more like what I needed to hear.:)

We bought the C88 as our first for printing shirts. If it works out, We'll buy bigger better later. I already have a multipurpose printer (Dell) and another scanner.

Thanks again,

Dennis

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
your pretty safe with the c88. Contact John at New Milford photo about ink for it. he sent me some samples of a ink he can get and it works great.. Pigment ink for about half the price of Epson..In fact i am ordering more as I have gone through 4 of each color. Lou

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for an Epson all in one printer that is good would you say cx7800 is pretty good. its scans at 2400-2400dpi I need the scanning for pictures. Also can you refill those with magic mix ink? Thanks for your help and advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts