T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
You may have heard this type of questions multiple time. But for me it's exciting as I just did my first installation on a 18' high shopping center sign.
If you could give me a hint on how much I should charge for single color (black) vinyl-cut Print and Installation.
The size of the poly sheet on the pole sign is 12'x3', but the letters will cover almost 10'x2.5'.
As mentioned it was high and I had to remove the previous old vinyls and resurface the poly sheet, as it had residue and glue left over from the old vinyls. I had to do it in place as I could not remove the huge Acrylic sheet from its place. The customer is a friend and I wanted to help him with saving some money by resurfacing the acrylic sheet instead of buying a new full sheet.

I also did a banner installation for him the same day (4x8' vinyl banner) on top of the shop, until he gets his shop sign ready. I don't know if I have to charge separately for that as well?!

I appreciate any help to know how much a typical job like this should be priced and I will consider a discount for my buddy over that.

Thanks and god bless you all.

Mark

· Registered
9,952 Posts
In California you need a license for any jobs over $500. That looks like a lighted sign so you might also need additional licenses to even touch it.

· Registered
9,952 Posts
You installed it without a quote? We would charge $12.50/sqft which would include installation. $450 for the sign and install.

For the removal we would charge $40 per half hour.

If you have a contractors license and an electricians license you are good otherwise you probably did an illegal install. You should always check with the city where the install is being done to find out the requirements before you quote the job or do the work.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
My answer may be irrelevant too but we usually work out pricing before install. That way the customer knows what to expect on their bill. You say you have a registered/licensed company. Registered and licensed for what?

· Registered
9,952 Posts
That was what I was hinting at. The city probably requires a biz license and a sign permit. Then if it is an electric sign you might have additional requirements even if you don't touch anything but the face. Even so, there may be other requirements as well but in TX I couldn't find a requirement for a contractors license for signs alone.

But, having said that, there is probably some type of insurance requirement. After all, renting a boom truck presents it's own hazards as well as being 18ft in the air.

But, live and learn....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.