T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this new Wagner w 550 dribbles the pretreatment over the tshirts, so before I throw this new sprayer in the garbage, I was wondering if there is a way to stop it dribbling on the tshirt or restricting the flow of pretreatment so it sprays nice and fine, and not the way it is currently doing.

I have the setting at it's lowest , and it still hits like a bull in a china shop.

So I'm asking for the alternative, tryed hand spray bottles, but then you end up with circles of the pretreatment instead of a nice thin clear layer (in a straight line).

Thanking anyone for helping!?

trip

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Is it an hvlp sprayer? If it isnt that might be the problem. I have two of them and neither one does that. Hmm sorry I dont have more of an answer for you.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The Wagner 550 works ok for me. No dripping unless i shake it alot, there might be an issue with your sprayer itself or nozzle. Never fill the bottle 100%.

We're pretty limited with the number of HLVP sprayers in Australia. The Campel Haulsfield (spelling?) sprayers are nice for pretreatment.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
wait wait wait! I would do a bit more research into the HLVP sprayers and make sure its got a good spray pattern. If this is just a 'standard duty' model then I feel it would be similar to the Wagner. If you really wanted to upgrade you need a pro level HVLP spray gun and compressor to get that really fine mist.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi there, this new Wagner w 550 dribbles the pretreatment over the tshirts, so before I throw this new sprayer in the garbage, I was wondering if there is a way to stop it dribbling on the tshirt or restricting the flow of pretreatment so it sprays nice and fine, and not the way it is currently doing.

I have the setting at it's lowest , and it still hits like a bull in a china shop.

So I'm asking for the alternative, tryed hand spray bottles, but then you end up with circles of the pretreatment instead of a nice thin clear layer (in a straight line).

Thanking anyone for helping!?

trip
Tha same think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts