T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I use pretreatment in Gildan 5000 military green but change the color an let the mark of the heat press , pls help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you wait for the garment to cool? Colors like military green, red, indigo blue, and others will change when heat pressed but will return back to normal once the garment cools off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What pretreat are you using? Did you apply manually or with a pretreating machine?

·
Registered
35 Posts
What temperature and pressure are you using?
I use the same pretreat for my Epson F2100 and I print a lot of Next Level 3600 in Military Green and haven't had the box stay on the shirt after it cools off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What temperature and pressure are you using?
I use the same pretreat for my Epson F2100 and I print a lot of Next Level 3600 in Military Green and haven't had the box stay on the shirt after it cools off.
165 celcius and heavy preasure for the curing pt and light presure for curing ink

·
Registered
35 Posts
165 celcius and heavy preasure for the curing pt and light presure for curing ink
Try a lower pressure setting. I use light pressure for 10 seconds, remove the silicone coated paper for a few seconds, then press again for 35 seconds.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have had the same "scortch" problem with Gildan 5000 and 2000 Military Green t-shirts using Firebird and/or Epson pretreatment. Some colors of certain brands seem to be pretty sensitive to this problem. My military green tees looked like they had a big dark green box behind the print. You can try a lower heat setting with less pressure but a brand switch is probably in order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a test we did when we changed to Firebird pretreat a few weeks ago.

Shirt: Next Level 3600 Military Green
Speed Treater TX at 4 1/2
Pretreatment was pressed for 10 seconds, then 35 seconds at 325F (163C)
Pressure on the Geo Knight DK20A between 0 and 1
Printed with an Epson F2100

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I havent been active for a few years here but I can tell you after 4 years in the DTG biz 2015-2019, Gildan dyes are very heat sensitive. Our rep even told us that if they have an unpopular color they would bleach them out and re-dye to use up stock, not sure if still today. We just started back up with Epson gear again and will never print their tees if any PT is needed at all.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts