T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm washing up squeegees (my least favorite part of the process), I thought what if I had sealed the bare wood before hand, with wood oil, varnish, stain, whatever? Because the first few times I've washed up, the damn things soak up just as much ink as I can scrub out. Anyone tried this? I know I can get aluminum squeegees, but the cost...

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Polyurethane is the best. I always keep a gallon on hand. Dip paint stirrers in it, let them dry, make perfect ink spreaders. Occasionally re-coat wooden screens. Other uses as well. God Bless.
Now thats a great idea,,, thanks, for sharing:p:):p

·
Registered
136 Posts
So as I'm washing up squeegees (my least favorite part of the process), I thought what if I had sealed the bare wood before hand, with wood oil, varnish, stain, whatever? Because the first few times I've washed up, the damn things soak up just as much ink as I can scrub out. Anyone tried this? I know I can get aluminum squeegees, but the cost...

This is so funny because last night I was thinking the same thing!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What the heck r u guys talking about? ...I'm slightly freaked out that I didn't know about this.

So, what happens to the squeegee handles? And y is there a bunch of ink on the handles? And the stir sticks dipped in polyurethane? And treating the wood screens? What!? lol. Someone fill me in on the details please! >>>panicking

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What the heck r u guys talking about? ...I'm slightly freaked out that I didn't know about this.

I have on occasion gotten frames, squegees, etc, that were uncoated. As brokenviewfinder says in the first post, if left uncoated all the ink can't be cleaned off. A coat of polyurethane seals the wood, making them easy to clean. God Bless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts