T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO one of the issues I have been working to resolve lately is my heat press not drying the PT in the middle. I found this out while working on another issue.

It seems that if I apply a lighter amount of Pretreat11 - 15 grams I am good, but if I get closer or at the recommended amount of pretreat application then the middle of the shirt does not get dried evenly with the outer3 inches of the shirt. This in turn cause obvious issues with the shirt printing fine on the outer edges but the interior being horrible.

I have tried light pressure, medium, heavy. Hovering doesn't seem to do a very good job at all.

Has anyone experience this before? I have a GeoKnight DK16. I have a temp probe on order from Geo Knight as I have a feeling the temp in the middle is dropping off drastically due to moisture and not holding firm at 330 +/- a few like the edges.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
SO one of the issues I have been working to resolve lately is my heat press not drying the PT in the middle. I found this out while working on another issue.

It seems that if I apply a lighter amount of Pretreat11 - 15 grams I am good, but if I get closer or at the recommended amount of pretreat application then the middle of the shirt does not get dried evenly with the outer3 inches of the shirt. This in turn cause obvious issues with the shirt printing fine on the outer edges but the interior being horrible.

I have tried light pressure, medium, heavy. Hovering doesn't seem to do a very good job at all.

Has anyone experience this before? I have a GeoKnight DK16. I have a temp probe on order from Geo Knight as I have a feeling the temp in the middle is dropping off drastically due to moisture and not holding firm at 330 +/- a few like the edges.

Usually, if there is an issue with a heat press, it is that center of the heat platen is hotter then the outer edges. When you receive the digital pyrometer from Knight you will be able to more accurately test what the problem is.
_

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.