T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am rather new to DTG industry.. I am having some issues and I think I may narrowed it down to my pretreat process.

Here are the facts
Wagner sprayer very light mist, just enough to change the color of the garment (charcoal gildan). I then press on 330 for 30sec per Image Amor instructions

What I think my issues are..
I dont know if I have enough or to much pressure, or enough or to much pretreat. Could be I am not pressing long enough.

I would like to see a shirt that is properly treated after, like a close up shot of it. Even better if there was a step by step close up of the garment during the whole process.

What leads me to believe that it may be a pretreat issue is that my print is not vibrant looks to be very very dull, reds no matter the shade or adjustments look pink. I believe the white is soaking into the garment just enough to throw it off. I have test printed on an old white shirt I had and the red looked pleasurable.

I am using a Summit AT brand new and Image Armor for dark garments.

I have attached a file of a test print for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it a true 100% cotton? I've noticed a lot of grey t-shirts are actually 99/1 or even 90/10. Otherwise, you could increase the pretreat slightly. That's solved my issues with dull prints before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a true 100% cotton? I've noticed a lot of grey t-shirts are actually 99/1 or even 90/10. Otherwise, you could increase the pretreat slightly. That's solved my issues with dull prints before.
I believe it is 100% cotton.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Looks like not enough pretreatment.
Also, when using white ink you have to use the pretreatment for dark, even if the shirt is white.
How much pretreatment to use depends on many variables. You need to do your own tests.
Doing it with a wagner sprayer will be guesswork.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like not enough pretreatment.
Also, when using white ink you have to use the pretreatment for dark, even if the shirt is white.
How much pretreatment to use depends on many variables. You need to do your own tests.
Doing it with a wagner sprayer will be guesswork.
Thanks, I am just getting my feet wet and running with a limited budget right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts