T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My attempts of using transfers is not working out so good. I have a DK16. I can set the temperture and the time but I don't know how to get the right pressure (which I suspect is the problem). Is there a way of determining the correct pressure other than ruining a bunch of shirts?

I'm using Alpha Double Green Line and I'm following their directions (at least I think I am). The print doesn't fully adhere to the shirt (Hanes 100% cotton). Some of the print stays on the transfer paper and some goes on the shirt. I'm using my HP9800 which works great for my screenprinting so I assume it's okay for the heat press.

Any help would be appreciated.

John:confused:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the press and types of transfers you are using but from what I've read it sounds like you may not be pressing your shirts before you apply the transfer.

Press your shirts for up to ten seconds without the transfer, doing so will remove the moisture from the shirt. This should fix the problem. Do your best to make sure you have medium-high pressure.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You have a moisture problem it sounds like to me. Phil is right, you need to press the shirt prior to transfer pressing. This will probablly solve the problem. When you pre press you will see the steam come out of the sides of the press. 8-10 seconds should be plenty of time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks for the information. I've only been prepressing for about 2 or 3 seconds. I thought it was just to smooth out the material. I had never heard of moisture in the material. Learn something everyday.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jlee199, i had the same problem with you. i tired pre pressing the shirt for 5 seconds.....next shirt for 20 seconds... the print still doesn't fully adhere to the shirt...
i am using laser tech paper and xerox printer.
what had gone wrong~~ i am going crazy ~~ ahhh~
experts please help..~~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts