T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Can anyone help with an issue i am having with my press.

My press is stuck on max pressure so when i try and pull the handle down it wont go. The dial to change the pressure one top was stuck but i managed to unscrew it but the pressure is still stuck on high.
There is a bolt under the screw handle. could this have anything to do with it?

Any help would be great.

· Registered
52 Posts
I suggest that you post photo of the heat press that way members might recognize the same press and be able to help. Post the photo of the whole press and close up of the screw area. Post the make and model also.
Sorry unsure of the make and model but have included pictures below.

[media]http://www.laughingseagull.co.uk/image.jpeg[/media]

[media]http://www.laughingseagull.co.uk/im...www.laughingseagull.co.uk/image2.jpeg[/media]

· Registered
2,013 Posts
I can't see photos, but if there is a thread involved, it probably needs lubricating with some oil.

Get a little in there and let it soak. Then a bit more and wiggle it back and forth. As soon as you get a little movement, that's a good sign and if you keep working it, it will only get looser

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't see photos, but if there is a thread involved, it probably needs lubricating with some oil.

Get a little in there and let it soak. Then a bit more and wiggle it back and forth. As soon as you get a little movement, that's a good sign and if you keep working it, it will only get looser
It's a thread with a bolt which seems to be connected to a spring. I'm guessing the bolt being locked would cause the pressure?

· Registered
4,816 Posts
It's a thread with a bolt which seems to be connected to a spring. I'm guessing the bolt being locked would cause the pressure?
When I said close up I did not mean to fill up the screen and then some. You also forgot to post the
make and model.

I hope you don't mind my reducing the photos and re-uploading it the forums method.

I will also ask the admin to reduce it as you posted it. Normally when the photo is that big the
admin will delete it because it creates excessive page size. It makes the rest of the content
un-viewable without using the horizontal scroll bar.

Next time use the forums method in this link: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-information/t11206.html

Check if your post can still be edited. Delete the links. Reduce the size at the source then re-link
them.

Typically the adjusting screw raises the whole upper platen assembly up and down to adjust the
pressure. Turning it counterclockwise will raise the assembly up and clockwise will lower the
assembly down. Look for mechanical linkage between the screw thread and the part of the upper
platen assembly. Check if something is lose or broken or stuck. If there is a back cover behind the
assembly remove it so that you can see the mechanical adjustment mechanics when you adjust
the screw. Also loosen the nut below the knob a bit. Maybe that got very tight that made the
hand screw from turning.

Attachments

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem resolved.
Removed the back and found the pressure thread had slipped off on of the joints which attatches it to the handle. Loosened the bolt to releave the pressure and it popped back kn again. Woo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.