T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i seem to be having pressure problems when printing on to shirts when I flood and print I can never seem to clear the image completely there are always parts of the image that need to or three more pulls this only seems to happen when I'm printing on shirts I have a lot of old paper lying about and sometimes use them for test prints when I print on to the paper its effortless it takes no pressure and I always clear my screen but can seem to do this when printing on shirts the pressure I am having to put down when printing on shirts is ridiculous. The problem is when I print an image with halftones in it because I have to hit it 2 or 3 times the tone looks like **** anyone any ides. I printed a job a few days ago black print on white shirts and even then I had to make three or four passes just to make the black opaque my off contact is fine and I have also tried different squeegee rubbers and angles.

·
Administrator
14,018 Posts
Wow, that has to be the longest sentence in the history of man. Periods are your friend! :)

What type of ink? What size are your screens? This problem is usually indicative of trying to push ink through too small a screen opening.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You need to put more pressure on your flood stroke. This is where the ink penetrates the screen. The harder you push on your flood stroke the more ink you will lay down on the shirt. Make sure your screen is not touching the shirt when you do your flood stroke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts