T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apologies if this isn't the best category, what I am wanting to do is cut out an image (its the japanese rising sun) and press it around the sleeve of a short sleeve t-shirt. I am just not too sure if it would be possible, I could just press the sleeve flat and do just the front half, so the image goes from seam to seam but I think that would look a bit stupid.

The other method would be to press it on the first half and have half the vinyl out the side of the heat press, turn sleeve over and press down on the other side (and have the two ends meet up at the bottom seam), but I think that method would give a real noticeable crease at the top.

I would be interested in any bright ideas, I realise its going to be a real pain and having to trim the vinyl very carefully so it doesn't go where it shouldn't. luckily the design it pretty repetitive and off centered and rotated so in that sense I can just make it bigger than it needs to be, whack it down and trim it to fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe try pressing half then the other and then a quick hit on the middle, kinda like ironing out the kink. If your pressing full at 8secs. then hit the crease for 3secs.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Could also do it with a hat press, but if you don't have one available, press half then the other half. I have never done it that way but would be interesting to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I thought maybe a cap press could do it. i don't have one but they aren't expensive. well I have some crap tshirts and some spare vinyl so I will have a play and let you guys know how it went.

On a side note, when pressing the sleeves should I have an insert in the sleeve so the press makes better contact around the seem?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it wasn't too bad for a first time, ended up just folding a few tails over the back rather than going right the way over. had to press it about 4 times to get all the ends stuck on well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yeah I thought maybe a cap press could do it. i don't have one but they aren't expensive. well I have some crap tshirts and some spare vinyl so I will have a play and let you guys know how it went.

On a side note, when pressing the sleeves should I have an insert in the sleeve so the press makes better contact around the seem?
Print Perfect Pads work great for sleeves.

Going to an earlier post, what was suggested by Imprint should work fine. The only thing I would make sure to be aware of is if you are using a light colored vinyl on a dark polyester garment, you can get strikethrough of the fabric color through your vinyl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts