T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was heatpressing some tote bags and I am getting an uneven heat because of the thickness of the bag. Is there something I should be putting in between to fix this? It looks lumpy in some places and melted in the corners or edges. Or sometimes the corners are not fully mending to the bag. Any suggestions?:confused: Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi, the main part of my business is tote bags and what you need to do is make sure that you do not place a transfer neat any seams or areas that are not flat. I have a small press so my 9 x 12 fits nicely on my topper 806 totes. What you can do is get a large mouse pad (14 x 18) available at office depot and cut it to fit the area your printing then place in inside the bag. It will raise the area your pressing and any thing around it will be pushed down around the pad. Hope that helps you. I will send you a private post as to where to go to look at my set up

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
On a 15 x 15 tote bag that I am putting a 8 x 110 transfer on I place a 1/4 inch board cut 13 x 13 in the tote bag and that gives it a lift. Then it is easy to press.If you have an office depot neatr you the sell a large mouse pad lig 14 x 18 that you can cut down for about 10 bucks that is also nice. also great for 2 sided tee shirts and transfers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ditto on the ruined bags. I picked up a couple at Walmart to test and what a mess:confused:

I tried JPSS and some samples of darl transfer paper and nothing looked sellable.

I'll keep trying and see what happens.
Do you have a Micheal's craft store around? If so they cary these little tote bags I think there about 5x5 in. I got a five pack for about 6 bucks!

Also I took them threw them in the dryer for about ten mins put something to the effect of a tee pad inbetween it pre pressed for about 5 sec. then pressed the image at about 360 for 20 sec. then cold peeled it, I could not seem to get it right with hot peeling ink kept coming off so I tried the cold peel thing and whala!!! Perfect!!!;)

Try that out and let me know what happens!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Ditto on the ruined bags. I picked up a couple at Walmart to test and what a mess:confused:

I tried JPSS and some samples of darl transfer paper and nothing looked sellable.

I'll keep trying and see what happens.
JPSS is for lights. I hope the bag was light. Here is a couple I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Do you have a Micheal's craft store around? If so they cary these little tote bags I think there about 5x5 in. I got a five pack for about 6 bucks!

Also I took them threw them in the dryer for about ten mins put something to the effect of a tee pad inbetween it pre pressed for about 5 sec. then pressed the image at about 360 for 20 sec. then cold peeled it, I could not seem to get it right with hot peeling ink kept coming off so I tried the cold peel thing and whala!!! Perfect!!!;)

Try that out and let me know what happens!

Yes I do have a Micheals and I will get some today. Thanks. I'll try the white bc it should print with the JPSS paper I have. The last attempt was a heavy textured natural color.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts