T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone had any experience (or problems) printing on the thermal material tees? I was thinking of printing on long sleeve white thermal tees & was wondering if there is any certain procedure to get the prints to come out on these tees as normal or if it would be possible to use the regular transfer paper (or possibly another type) on them? If anyone has any experience with this please reply & let me know. Thanks ya'll....Marcus

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry if this didn't help, i realize that it speaks of a printer for sale, but it does include many important aspects to thermal printing. sorry, this is all I could find on my search. I hope you can get something useful out of it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a lot of experience with thermals.. in fact if you reply to this post i'll post a picture of one of them for you.

there is no real difference between cotton tees and thermals except for about three major things

the thermals are a cotton and polyester blend and at high temps the material will begin to burn and shrink
If you use a thicker paper (which i have recently found out exist.. researching) it helps it fill the pores in the material (for lack of better term)
and finally u get a grid sort of image due to the texture of the thermal showing thru. Now in my particular market and style of designing i can make that work for me.

now that may not work for u if u are doing things that are about clean basic lines.. but if there is an artistic element in it it will look incredible.

good luck and hit me back if u want to see a pic of one.. (i have to actually take the pic and upload u dig)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QP Apparel I would appreciate it if you sent me a pic of some of your images pressed on Thermal Tees. I would like to begin presing images on Thermal material & I was curious if anyone had any experience in this. Thanks for the info & send me the pics when you can. Take care.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just caught this message.. i will try to do that for u in a moment.. I am in lazy mode at the moment but i promise i will get that done for u in a min

1 - 8 of 8 Posts