T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some transfers today and had a question.

I have some text printed multiple times on an 11x17 sheet. I plan on cutting them out and pressing them on the tee.

question.. they need to overlap a little bit, so do I press them all at once or do one first then put the teflon paper covering one and do the second?

Especially if one of the letters is overlapping the other, I would have to do them separately...right?
I hope this makes sense.

ALex

·
Administrator
14,480 Posts
If there is any overlap, your only option is to do them separately. Do the first one, position your second one, and before pressing again cover with your teflon.

If you are doing vinyl, let us know. There could be different instructions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for responding. Nope, not vinyl.

I'll post a picture when I'm done!

I've learned sooooo much from this board it is truly awesome!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
It may be hard to properly register the design after the first press (eg. subsequent pressed graphics may not line up properly with the first because the shirt may stretch and distorted the first pressed image) depending on the fabric you are pressing to. I think cotton would be fine, but doing multiple presses on polyester may become a problem in terms of alignment.

I am assuming you are using transfer paper... Why can't you print out all the element in one print and just do one press?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is on a cotton tee, hanes beefy T.
it's techniprint 4.0 transfer paper, size 11x17 that I will cut up since I printed multiple text on one sheet.

The problem I ran into was that some of the tees are a mens XXL and the design would have looked so tiny compared to a women's small tank top, so I separated the text for the mens tees.

Lining up will probably be my biggest issue.

alex

·
Registered
31 Posts
Will the transfer paper stick to itself where it overlaps??
And will the second heating adversly effect the first transfer??
You may want to test one first as well as contact the vendor to see if this will work.

I have never done this but these are the concerns I would have with this application.

Good luck and I hope all works out.
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts