T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I've tried my hands on heat transfer and dye sublimation method but there are always pressed lines on the T-shirt. Is it supposed to be like that? Why?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sarsi said:
Dear all,

I've tried my hands on heat transfer and dye sublimation method but there are always pressed lines on the T-shirt. Is it supposed to be like that? Why?

If you are meaning a faint outline from pressing the transfer that will go away with the first wash.

Mark in SD

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

yup. A line as if something heavy is pressed on it. Does that mean I have to wash all the shirts first before I send it out to the customers?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Sarsi . . naa, you won't have to wash the Tee 1st . .
well at least I don't, but I do send washing drying instructions with each Tee

Diane

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. But do the customers complained when they received a shirt with pressed line if I do not wash it before I sent?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Essentially it is a matter of the creator noticing things a lot more clearly and precisely than the customer. While it is possible someone might notice and complain, it is unlikely, and probably not worth the expense (both time and money) to pre-wash all of the shirts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
100% cotton.

I'm experimenting different types of pressure and different T-shirt materials to make the pressed line as invisible as possible. If the line is there, I will resort to wash it first before I sent out. Time consuming I know but I'm putting myself in customers shoes as I, personally, will be disappointed to receive a purchased T-shirt with pressed line.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
jdr: The paper isn't what is leaving the line; the press is. I get the same thing now, and another person asked about it a few weeks ago as well. Where the press clamps down (the edges) on to the shirt it leaves a faint but visbile crease line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts