T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a secondhand 5-in-1 unbranded (cheap) heat press off eBay. I hooked it up, set the temp and timer and it doesn’t heat up. The indicator shows 0 for 15-20 seconds then displays - - -. I switched to one of the other elements and same thing. Any idea if this is an easy fix? Everything looks fine inside. All the connections are secure, no frayed wires, no scorch marks, etc.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
My own China-sourced press quit regulating the temperature after very little use, so I rigged-up a "manual override" toggle switch to turn the heat on/off as needed. The temp readout and timer/beeper continued to function correctly. I couldn't see anything wrong with the circuits/boards, but something in the controller has failed.

Even if the press does not heat up, it should display the ambient temperature of the heat platen. So your failure seems to be in the temperature sensing circuit. Perhaps that's the way it acts if the heat probe is shorted? Or maybe a failure in the controller itself.

Hopefully someone will have seen this behavior before and can suggest something more concrete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.