T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm unexperienced with T-shirts and am wondering if there is a way to use thermal but get no unwanted background paper (white) on the pressed image. Is there transparancy paper or something. Do I have to cut by hand. Or should I silk screen.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hello,

I'm unexperienced with T-shirts and am wondering if there is a way to use thermal but get no unwanted background paper (white) on the pressed image. Is there transparancy paper or something. Do I have to cut by hand. Or should I silk screen.

Thanks
Screen print is a better option when you want to eliminate white background especially for dark shirts except for DTG. However, screen print is not recommended for one offs unless you go with stock transfers that is available in one piece at Pro Word. Opaque heat transfer has to be trimmed either by hand or vinyl cutter. Some of this type of material feels like raincoat, cracks and peels due to repeated wash. There is a laser transfer for dark that is self weeding. It is called Wow 7.1 which is very pricey ($5.00 a pair). I use laser transfer Imageclip for lights, It is self weeding, looks and feels like screen print.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
another option is digiprints from Transfer Express...or if you have a laser printer..duracotton, a one step process or Image clip which is a two step process and both are only for white/light garments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts