T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
1. I want to start sending out PR's regularly. Anyone know a good time-gap between sending them (ie, every week/month/etc) ?
That I don't know. I'm inclined to think it's a bad idea unless you have something newsworthy; if you send out frequent meaningless press releases and people notice, they will ignore you and not write about you in future.

2. Is there an "ideal time" to send out PR's like.. on Monday mornings? Or is timing not a factor?
I spoke to a PR person about this last year: she said timing is definitely a factor. It largely depends on the schedule of the publication in question. They have strict deadline cycles, so timing things early in a cycle is important so you catch the writers before they're panicking about deadlines.

In general the key to a good press release is knowing the target. Write it with appropriate language, find the most receptive person to send it to, and send it to them in the way they'd want at the time they'd want.

Get a media almanack (your library might have one); it will give you all the contact information (including names of editors etc.), along with deadlines, publishing frequency, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.