T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I think in general you should have a press release that says something unique about your business.Here is my thought for myself and I have yet to do it. I am in Northern California and I am near where they discovered gold... so I designed several bags that had that theme and went up and started knocking on merchants doors.. ok I did not knock because the stores were open. So my press release would be "Retired man finds gold in them there hills." My gold was selling a unique prospector tote bag to merchants in the gold country and being able to start a nice little business from it. So that would be my idea for a press release. I would send it to the local press and then see what happens. Lou (badalou)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
You could try using one of the major press release distribution sites like prnewswire, prweb, etc to distribute them to the right media contacts.

Once you have an effective press release written, you can also try to find your own media contacts that are related to your niche or industry (or even locally).

Lou's right. Your press release can't just be an advertisement for your company. It has to be NEWSWORTHY. Meaning something unique, some major event/milestone/donation/etc .

There are a few sites with tips on writing a press release. Here's a good start: http://www.prweb.com/pressreleasetips.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts