T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the game. Is it possible to press a HTP background and then press a second HTP design over the first one?
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,177 Posts
I don't see how that would work. What brand and type of paper are you using? Whatever image you are overlapping might be obscured by the polymer from the top image.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how that would work. What brand and type of paper are you using? Whatever image you are overlapping might be obscured by the polymer from the top image.
Yeah I didn’t think it would work. It’s 11x17 PPD paper. I don’t have a cutter or Cricut so I was trying to figure out a way to use more of the real estate on the back of the sweatshirt rather than the 11x17 limitation of the paper. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I don’t have HTV and was wondering if I could layer images outside of the 11x17 border if that makes sense.
I thought you were talking about layering, but what you want to do is increase the size of the print area.
Some HTPs are available in 13" wide rolls ( The "JET-PRO Soft Stretch" is one of them) and can be cut to custom length.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you were talking about layering, but what you want to do is increase the size of the print area.
Some HTPs are available in 13" wide rolls ( The "JET-PRO Soft Stretch" is one of them) and can be cut to custom length.
I hate forums bc it’s hard to explain. What I want to do is create a background 11x17 with let’s say, a few symbols and then OVER that have lettering that extends beyond the width of the 11” width.
I’m gunna try and show a diagram below:
——————-
. . <—11x17 HTP
. .
PHRASE HERE OUTSIDE. <—phrase
. BORDER .
. .
. .
———————

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
What I want to do is create a background 11x17 with let’s say, a few symbols and then OVER that have lettering that extends beyond the width of the 11” width.
I don't see why you cannot do this by printing everything on a 13" wide sheet.
You will need an A3+ size (13" wide) printer of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see why you cannot do this by printing everything on a 13" wide sheet.
You will need an A3+ size (13" wide) printer of course.
Ohhh I see what you’re saying. Yeah I have a Canon IP8720 inkjet so it can print that width.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts