T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I've always thought preshrunk was impartial, with an obvious fondness for threadless.

Given their latest site preshrunk.info, are they actually owned by threadless? Given they pay in vouchers? Or perhaps "supported" by threadless?

Anyone know who runs the site?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If they know that the people that visit their site like threadless, they can just buy threadless gift certificates and give them out as payment. Not too complicated :)

I've done the same thing here for contests and I'm definitely not supported or owned by threadless.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Err... there's a much much simpler explanation.

Preshrunk is run by Jason Cosper, a blogger who runs a couple of other personal blogs. He's not a corporate stooge to the best of my knowledge (I would be surprised).

The reason he's offering to pay in Threadless vouchers? Like most bloggers he's not made of money, however thanks to the success of his blog he is made of Threadless gift vouchers. He's the number one Threadless Street Team "operative", and a few months ago earnt over USD$300 in street team points during one of their sales. That would seem impressive, but really isn't now. As of this posting he has earnt USD$2761.50 in credit on Threadless (obviously some would have been spent, but there's only so many t-shirts a man can buy).

This info has all been on his blog, the Threadless blogs, etc. for a long time - all above board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts