T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20" premium plus vinyl that I am cutting with a Graphtec CE6000-60.

On the first run of cuts the vinyl buckles or flexes. During the weeding process, I noticed one corner in the center of the "A" did not come to a point and the "B" just before it was not well formed on the rounded edges or center. I think it may be my settings since I have never changed them. Does anyone know what settings I should be using for this material and cutter? What would cause the vinyl to buckle or flex? :confused:

Sorry for the long post but I am new to vinyl cutting.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
The settings that we recommend for Premium Plus would be Force: 11, Speed: 35, Graphic Acceleration: 1, Graphic Offset: 1.

Buckling could be caused by a few reasons. I would make sure that you material is loaded straight, and that your blade is not sticking out of your blade holder more then 1/2 of a credit card thickness.

Please let me know how it goes.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have something called "Tangential Mode" in the Advanced features with Mode 1 and Mode 2. When I check one of these I get Overcut Start and End fields that a number can be entered in. I do not know how to set this or if it is what I am needing.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
This will help you.

Setting Length of the Overcut​

Set the length of overcut with tangential emulation.​

Operation​
Supplement​

Perform the settings in Normal mode.​

1​
Press the [COND/TEST] key.

CONDITION setting screen (1/3) is displayed.​

2​
Press the POSITION ( ) key.

CONDITION setting screen (2/3) is displayed.​

3​
Press the [3] key (OVERCUT).

OVERCUT setting screen is displayed.​

4​
Press the [1] key (Condition No.)

CONDITION No. selection screen is displayed.​

5​
Press the POSITION ( ) key and select the CONDITION
No.

6​
Confirm the setting, and press the POSITION ( ) key

(PREVIOUS).​

Condition No. is selected and return to OVERCUT setting screen.

· Registered
130 Posts
I have 20" premium plus vinyl that I am cutting with a Graphtec CE6000-60.

On the first run of cuts the vinyl buckles or flexes. During the weeding process, I noticed one corner in the center of the "A" did not come to a point and the "B" just before it was not well formed on the rounded edges or center. I think it may be my settings since I have never changed them. Does anyone know what settings I should be using for this material and cutter? What would cause the vinyl to buckle or flex? :confused:

Sorry for the long post but I am new to vinyl cutting.
Did you find a solution to your problem ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.