T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... i'm a hobbyist but I do quite well during football season. I want to make a ladies tank that mimicks our football jersey.

Player's number on back with players name and pocket placement for players number on front.

I have a cutter but have been trying to analyze wether or not it would be more econimical to cut may own or purchase the precut numbers and letters from a supplier.

Also... I am concerned with making sure the transfer is even and square in the back. If I use precut numbers and letters ... Do I use transfer paper to ensure that I remain staright?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
449 Posts
Cutting your own will eliminate the need to make sure each individual letter and number are straight. You can also just buy one roll in a specific color instead of a kit of letters and numbers that you may not use. Cutting your own should save you money on the raw materials and the time saved.

· Registered
270 Posts
Depending on the material and the usage I have opted for Transfer Express numbers for items like this. Depending on the amount of jersey's you are doing I believe it's a little more economical due to the time involved. By the time I layout, cut and weed 20 numbers I can be done with shirts using transfer express. So it's a matter of what your time is worth. However I still cut number in certain cases but I think you can make the best use of your time and money by using both.

On a side note the thermoflex and imprintable vinyls match up exactly with transfer express colors. I have ran out of numbers before and had to cut one or two and there is no noticeable difference in feel or look.

· Registered
1,823 Posts
I've considered using pre-cut, but figured I wasn't saving much if I had to line those items up just as much as lining up the ones I cut. My solution to this was to use Stahl's CadWorx Live to design my name/number combination for the back of the jersey. This lets you type in the player name & number and you can cut as one piece. It saved a lot of time. There was a little extra vinyl used though because you can't squeeze and scrunch names/numbers in various directions when cutting them directly, but it was well worth it.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.